WARRENDALE, Pa., Sept. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A series of strategic leadership books are now available through SAE International. Books by author Dr. Bob Emiliani illustrate how to stick to the basics of lean management. The books are all affordable, short and easy to read. The titles include:
- Practical Lean Leadership: A Strategic Leadership Guide for Executives – captures the essence of Lean leadership in ways that are specific and actionable for executives to apply at work every day. It presents innovative and proven approaches to understanding and practicing lean leadership in an easy-to-follow workbook format.
- Real Lean: Understanding the Lean Management System, Vol. 1 – explains the purposes, advantages, myths, and misinformation surrounding lean management.
- Real Lean: Critical Issues and Opportunities in Lean Management, Vol. 2 – helps Lean management practitioners gain a greater awareness of the challenges they face when implementing lean management.
- Real Lean: The Keys to Sustaining Lean Management, Vol. 3 – gets into the details of how to sustain the lean management system. It shows that the lean community has, for decades, severely misunderstood and underestimated the challenge of getting executives to adopt lean management
- Real Lean: Learning the Craft of Lean Management, Vol. 4 – shows how Lean management is itself a craft that can only be learned as any other craftsman would learn their trade. This unique perspective creates a much clearer impression of what executives need to do in order to become lean leaders.
- Real Lean: Strategies for Lean Management Success, Vol. 5 – explains lean management in ways that hundreds of other books do not. These original and creative works are written for hands-on lean practitioners.
- Real Lean: Unsolved Problems in Lean Management, Vol. 6 – shines a bright light on several major unsolved problems in Lean management and also identifies practical countermeasures using creative and original Lean thinking. This final volume of the Real Lean series includes a special interview with the retired CEO of The Wiremold Company, Art Byrne, reflecting on his nearly 30 years of lean practice.
- Moving Forward Faster: The Mental Evolution from Fake Lean to REAL Lean – reveals the deep secrets of Lean management. This provocative and insightful book clearly explains why lean management, despite its overwhelming advantages over conventional management, has yet to become ubiquitous in organizations.
The books are currently sold separately. The series encourages forward-thinking and links Lean principles and tools directly to leadership beliefs and behaviors in new and innovative ways that connect to the realities of the workplace. Senior managers will be inspired by the new approaches to understanding strategic leadership and leadership development contained in this book. The overall goal with a book series like this is to show business thinking within an engineering environment.
For more information, including free front and back matter, or to order any title in Bob Emiliani's series, visit: http://books.sae.org/author/6133222801.
SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
Contact: Shawn Andreassi of SAE International, 1-724-772-8522 or email@example.com
SOURCE SAE International