NEW YORK, Nov. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- LeaseAccelerator, the pioneer in Enterprise Lease Accounting software, will kick off its Fall 2018 Lease Accounting Summit this morning in New York City. Over one hundred representatives from Fortune 1000 and middle market companies have joined thought leaders from audit and advisory firms for the one day event at the Crowne Plaza in Times Square.
Presentation topics at the summit will center around the key challenges public companies are facing in the final weeks leading up to the deadlines for the new lease accounting standards, such as:
- Technical accounting challenges such as determining incremental borrowing rates and separating lease from non-lease components
- Preparation for substantive and SOX audits including design of policies and controls
- Integration between lease accounting, the general ledger, accounts payable and other financial systems
- Building and enabling a center of excellence to support the report-to-record process on day two and beyond
- Preparing for the first quarterly close and SEC filing process following adoption of ASC 842 and IFRS 16
Panelists include financial executives such as controllers, treasurers, technical accounting and financial reporting leaders at Cummins, AGCO, PlyGem, Sealed Air, Charter Communications, NuStar Energy, Lazard and Tyson Foods. The panelists will be moderated by management consultants and executives from PwC, EY, RSM, RGP, CBRE and Riveron Consulting.
"LeaseAccelerator's lease accounting summit is the only industry event dedicated to helping companies with the transition to the new ASC 842 and IFRS 16 standards," said Michael Keeler, CEO of LeaseAccelerator. "We are thrilled to have all-star line-up of controllers, project leaders and technical accounting experts join us to share insights on lessons learned and best practices as we approach the final weeks before adoption."
More information about the lease accounting summit is available at: https://www.leaseaccelerator.com/company/events/lease-accounting-summit-november-2018/
LeaseAccelerator offers the market-leading SaaS solution for Enterprise Lease Accounting, enabling compliance with the current and new FASB and IFRS standards. Using LeaseAccelerator's proprietary Global Lease Accounting Engine, customers can apply the new standards to all categories of leases including real estate, fleet, IT and other equipment at an asset-level. On average, LeaseAccelerator's Lease Sourcing and Management applications generate savings of 17 percent on equipment leasing costs with smarter procurement and end-of-term management. Learn more at http://www.leaseaccelerator.com/.