SALT LAKE CITY, Aug. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Leavitt Partners and Forward Health Group have announced a collaboration to support physician groups and payers to succeed in Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+), a payment initiative set forth by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Primary care medical practices must apply for CPC+ by September 15, 2016, and those applying for participation in Track 2 must apply with a Letter of Support from an approved Health IT Vendor, such as Forward Health Group.
The Leavitt Partners and Forward Health Group alliance creates a unique value proposition for payers and providers, as it's a coming together of collaboration and data that creates navigable solutions for all stakeholders.
Four striking features stand out about CPC+:
- CPC+ is CMS' largest ever initiative to transform and improve how primary care is delivered and paid for;
- CPC+ has a unique hybrid payment structure where there's upfront funding with additional Track 2 monthly care management fees;
- CPC+'s hybrid payment design allows for innovation in practice redesign by providing physicians the flexibility to deliver care outside traditional face-to-face encounters; and,
- CPC+ provides a path for primary care physicians to qualify as an Advanced Alternative Payment Model (APM) through the proposed Quality Payment Program under MACRA.
"Providers don't have to go it alone and payers can accelerate value," said Michael Barbouche, President of Forward Health Group. "We remove the one-off situations of multiple measures and we provide turnkey data solutions."
"Our forthcoming collaborations in CPC+ markets will provide an opportunity for payer and provider stakeholders to minimize the hassle factor of program participation while maximizing the benefits of expanded physician engagement with patients over time," said Andrew Croshaw, President of Leavitt Partners Consulting.
To learn more about participating in a CPC+ collaborative in your market, please contact:
- Dr. Dody Fisher: [email protected]
- David Smith: [email protected]
- Andrew Croshaw: [email protected]
- Michael Barbouche: [email protected]
About Leavitt Partners
Leavitt Partners is a health care intelligence business. The firm delivers collaborative, high-value intelligence that helps clients transition to new models of care. Through its member-based collaboration called Health Intelligence Partners™ and direct services to clients, the consulting firm provides the best available window to the future of American health care. For more information visit LeavittPartners.com.
About Forward Health Group
Forward Health Group helps health care providers successfully transition to the new world of value-based care. The Madison, WI-based software and services company provides value-based population health management solutions to health systems, hospitals and multi-specialty clinics. Since 2009 Forward Health Group has been an industry innovator, providing the accurate, trustworthy data and clinical measures—from internal and external sources—needed to improve patient health in a timely, cost-effective way.
SOURCE Leavitt Partners