SAN FRANCISCO, April 30, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global legal marijuana market is expected to reach USD 146.4 billion by end of 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing adoption of marijuana in several medical applications such as cancer, mental disorders, chronic pain and others is expected to propel revenue growth in near future.
Legal marijuana has started gaining traction worldwide due to very high demand among consumers and increasing legalization of recreational or medical marijuana in various countries. Additionally, high public and private investment for research and the development of safer forms of ingesting marijuana such as tinctures, oils, vapes and other edibles are expected to positively reinforce market growth. The number of conditions treated using medical marijuana is growing rapidly, as new patients are added to the market, the demand for medical marijuana is expected to increase multiple folds over the forecast period. Countries like Canada and the U.S. are moving towards legalization of marijuana for recreational purposes, this in turn is expected to create a shift form medical to recreational marijuana. Lengthy purchase and approval process for medical marijuana prescription and ease of availability of recreational marijuana is expected to trigger this this change.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Legal Marijuana Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Medical, Recreational), By Product Type, By Medical Application (Chronic Pain, Mental Disorders, Cancer), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/legal-marijuana-market
Increasing number of companies operating in the marijuana market is expected to bolster the quantity and variety of products reaching the end users. Products like marijuana oil have started gaining traction over the past few years owing to increased effectiveness and safety as compared to smoking it. Also, the growing research in cannabis industry has led to introduction of new marijuana strains. These advances in new product development is expected to enhance product adoption among consumers. Legal marijuana market is witnessing strong technological and information exchange. Countries like Canada, the U.S., Germany and Australia are expected to emerge as leading markets in terms of sale, whereas, countries like Israel are focusing on research and technology development and are leveraging on knowledge transfer.
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The U.S. legal marijuana market size was estimated at USD 7.06 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 24.9% from 2017 to 2025
- Medical marijuana emerged as the largest marijuana type segment in 2016 and is estimated to be valued at USD 100.03 billion by 2025
- By product type, marijuana buds segment was estimated to be dominant in 2016 with revenue share of 62.9% and is estimated to be valued at USD 82.9 billion by end of 2025
- Some players operating in legal marijuana market are Canopy Growth Corporation, Aphria, Inc., Aurora Cannabis, Maricann Group, Inc., Tilray, The Cronos Group, Organigram Holdings, Inc, ABcann Medicinals, Inc., and Tikun Olam
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Hepatitis Therapeutics Market - Global hepatitis therapeutics market size was estimated at USD 19.6 billion in 2016, and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 2.7% during the forecast period. Few prominent factors that are expected to boost the market are growing prevalence of viral hepatitis, rise in the number of autoimmune disease.
- Thalassemia Market - Global thalassemia market size was valued at USD 1.72 billion in 2016 and is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 10.8% during the forecast period. Large population, increase in awareness about available treatment options, and rise in demand for improved curative gene therapies are some of the major factors expected to drive the market
- Head & Neck Cancer Drugs Market - Global head and neck cancer drugs/therapeutics market size was valued at USD 752.5 million in 2016 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 9.4% during the forecast period.The current standard of care for head and neck cancer includes surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and immunotherapy
- Thyroid Gland Disorder Treatment Market - Global thyroid gland disorder treatment market size was valued at USD 1.97 billion in 2016 and is expected to register a CAGR of 3.2% during the forecast period. Rising incidence of hypothyroidism and growing awareness levels among individuals are key contributors to market growth
Grand View Research has segmented the global legal marijuana market on the basis of product type, application and region:
Marijuana Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Medical Marijuana
- Recreational Marijuana
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
Medical Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Chronic Pain
- Mental Disorders
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.