BROOMFIELD, Colo., Nov. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This year, Amazon Web Services (AWS) annual cloud computing conference, re:Invent, will be delivered completely over the AWS Cloud thanks to direct cloud connectivity provided by Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT). In addition to serving as the official AWS Direct Connect provider for re:Invent 2016, Level 3 will showcase an AWS Direct Connect bundle providing private connectivity for AWS's fully managed, secure desktop computing service, Amazon WorkSpaces.
As an Advanced Technology Partner in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN), Level 3 delivers private access to the AWS Cloud. Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions provide secure, reliable dedicated network connections to global enterprises for their cloud-based business applications.
- Level 3 Cloud Connect will be providing connectivity for all AWS services used at re:Invent, including keynotes, live streaming, breakout sessions, hands-on labs, bootcamps, hackathons, workshops, certification exams and AWS.com. The network will serve more than 30,000 on-site attendees across five physical locations, as well viewers who will be live-streaming sessions remotely from around the world.
- This is the third year in a row Level 3 will provide private, dedicated network connectivity in support of re:Invent. In 2014 and 2015, Level 3 Direct Connect powered live demos and AWS developer boot camps.
- Enterprises can connect to AWS Direct Connect locations and Amazon WorkSpaces globally, with a range of connection types via Level 3's high-performance and secure network.
- Level 3's AWS Direct Connect bundle offers Amazon WorkSpaces users a private, direct connection to AWS for increased network performance compared to the public internet.
- Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions deliver enterprise grade security and performance – in addition to the flexibility to scale bandwidth up and down to meet business needs, while paying only for the bandwidth used.
Brian Hoekelman, VP Business & Cloud Ecosystem Development for Level 3
"With thousands of attendees and hundreds of sessions covering every facet of cloud networking, an event of this magnitude requires significant network resources. Level 3's ability to develop reliable, flexible and secure networking solutions to power and stream more than 400 sessions keynotes, live demos and boot camps across five conference venues – like those we're showcasing here at re:Invent – is our sweet spot."
- VIDEO: Accelerating Business Through the Cloud
- INFOGRAPHIC: How You Connect to the Cloud Matters
- BLOG: Making the Cloud Come to You
- BLOG: Charting Your Cloud Migration the Easy Way
For more information on Level 3's advanced network and service offerings, visit www.level3.com.
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.