LONDON, March 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) today announces the expansion of its Ethernet services product portfolio to 27 locations across Europe. Level 3's award-winning Ethernet platform powers flexible network solutions that offer the quality and assurance enterprises require to help meet today's business challenges and to adapt with evolving technologies such as virtualization or software-defined networking.
With Level 3 Ethernet solutions, enterprises can benefit from private connectivity, scalable bandwidth and custom configuration options ideal for secure, high-speed connections between corporate headquarters, public and private data centers and public, private and hybrid cloud environments.
- Level 3 Ethernet services are currently available in nearly 250 markets across North America and EMEA, of which 27 are located in EMEA with expansion to an additional 15 EMEA locations targeted for later this year
- This expansion marks the next step toward Level 3's goal of delivering a single, ubiquitous Ethernet platform across its global network and bolsters Level 3's global SDN deployment
- Vertical Systems Group (VSG) recently released an analysis of dynamic Ethernet connectivity services naming Level 3's Dynamic Capacity one of the top dynamic Ethernet services for retail customers
- Level 3 employs the greatest number of MEF CE Certified Professionals (MEF-CECP) of the nearly 220 MEF member companies around the world, according to the MEF Certification Registry
- At the 2015 MEF Ethernet Excellence Awards, Level 3 received more service-related awards than any other provider, taking home the top honors in 5 of 31 total awards, including: Retail Service Provider of the Year for the Global, North America and CALA regions, and Wholesale Provider of the Year in North America and CALA
- Level 3's next-generation metro Ethernet platform supports E-Line, E-Access and Cloud Service Provider (CSP) connectivity and is backed by service levels for latency and on-net availability of up to 99.999 percent
- Level 3 Adaptive Network Control Solutions with Dynamic Capacity can enable enterprises to scale their bandwidth up or down based on usage triggers, by scheduling or on an ad hoc basis, reducing service disruption, cumbersome paperwork or delays associated with traditional service changes
- Level 3's Ethernet solutions are available in point-to-point or point-to-multipoint configurations
Andrew Crouch, Regional President, EMEA and Global Accounts Management Division, Level 3 Communications "The flexibility of Ethernet-based solutions appeals to today's global companies that rely on high-performance voice, video and data applications to meet market demands while achieving growth and operational efficiency. Expanding our award-winning Ethernet portfolio into these initial 27 European markets is another key investment in the region and a milestone for Level 3's pursuit of a single, ubiquitous network to support our customers."
Nan Chen, President of the MEF "The MEF is focused on accelerating the industry transition to on-demand, orchestrated, and assured services delivered over more automated and interconnected networks. We appreciate Level 3's shared vision, its active participation in MEF initiatives, and its service innovation leadership that builds upon a certified CE 2.0 foundation and leverages new lifecycle service orchestration, software defined networking, and virtualization technologies." Additional Resources:
- WEBINAR: New Dynamic, Assured Third Network Services Powered By LSO
- MAP: Level 3's Global Ethernet Network
- FACT SHEET: Level 3 Ethernet Solution Matrix
About Level 3 Communications Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc. For more information, visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.