LENEXA, Kan., July 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Lexmark announced today that it has been named 2015 North American Company of the Year in Healthcare Content Management by Frost & Sullivan. Company of the Year is a Best Practices Award presented to companies that have demonstrated excellence in growth, innovation and leadership.
- Until recently, managing different types of healthcare content required implementing a number of disparate, often loosely-integrated IT solutions, including departmental PACS, vendor-neutral archives (VNA) for DICOM content, enterprise content management (ECM) platforms and other middleware tools to structure, capture and ingest various types information. This approach posed challenges to the ability to unify the IT strategy and generate cost efficiencies, imposed limitations such as a lack of scalability and usability, and created concerns about data ownership and control.
- The Lexmark Healthcare Content Management (HCM) approach combines ECM, VNA, image connectivity and exchange technologies to create an integrated framework for managing all forms of patient-related content – medical images, digital photos, video and documents – making them interoperable and available through a single viewer within the electronic medical record (EMR). Lexmark's unique approach for bringing these complementary solutions together allows healthcare delivery organizations to be more responsive to patient needs while taking advantage of the efficiencies offered by an enterprise content strategy.
- In Frost & Sullivan's official award write-up, analysts point to three Lexmark capabilities that stand out as crucial elements of value for healthcare delivery organizations:
- Connectivity and federated search capabilities that allow for a far-reaching aggregation of relevant content collected across the various points of care and though the various patient interactions;
- Hardware and middleware tools that allow the ingestion of unstructured data elements otherwise isolated from the patient record; and
- Advanced workflow features that provide the intelligence layer needed to distribute and present relevant data in the right sequence, at the right place and at the right time.
- One hundred percent of U.S.-based HIMSS Stage 7 healthcare systems use Lexmark products and solutions.
"Healthcare organizations have made massive investments in EMR solutions," said Nadim Daher, principal analyst, medical imaging and imaging informatics, Frost & Sullivan. "Access to patient information, however, is still hindered by the disconnected silos of patient content scattered throughout the healthcare enterprise. Lexmark's ability to provide a unified approach for augmenting and optimizing the EMR's capabilities is a major step toward interoperability and liquidity of healthcare content. The combination of best-of-breed capabilities in Lexmark's healthcare solutions portfolio into a comprehensive HCM platform is the prime example, in today's market, of the IT foundation needed to close the loop on a holistic EMR strategy."
"Lexmark is a technology leader with a rich history of providing innovative solutions for managing unstructured content across the healthcare continuum," said Reynolds C. Bish, vice president, Lexmark and president, Enterprise Software. "This award is another validation of the innovation and execution we strive to deliver so our healthcare customers can produce better results for clinical decision-makers and the patients they serve."
- Read more in the Frost & Sullivan news release
- Develop a healthcare content strategy
- Stay in touch with Lexmark Healthcare on LinkedIn
Lexmark (NYSE :LXK ) creates enterprise software, hardware and services that remove the inefficiencies of information silos and disconnected processes, connecting people to the information they need at the moment they need it. Open the possibilities at www.Lexmark.com.
Lexmark, the Lexmark logo and Open the possibilities are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.