LEXINGTON, Ky., Dec. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ --
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/lexmark/47537/
Lexmark's Imaging Solutions and Services (ISS) and Perceptive Software businesses both continue to expand their customer reach.
ISS extended the retail footprint of its inkjet all-in-ones (AIOs) with the addition of several products in Best Buy.
Perceptive Software also announced two significant wins in the quarter for customers that will deploy Perceptive's solution to streamline their accounts payable processes.
- Now available for purchase at Best Buy locations throughout the U.S. are three award-winning Lexmark AIOs, the Pinnacle Pro901, Interact S605 and Impact S301. The recently announced Lexmark Genesis S816 is available now at BestBuy.com and in Best Buy stores beginning in January 2011.
- Perceptive Software announced AMC Entertainment Inc. (AMC) will deploy ImageNow in its accounts payable department to streamline the theatrical exhibition and entertainment company's invoicing process.
- Perceptive Software also announced that AEG, the world-renowned sports and entertainment presenter, will deploy ImageNow in its accounts payable department to simplify invoice processing.
Products, Solutions, Software and Services News
Both ISS and Perceptive Software are well positioned to reach customers in document-intensive distributed environments.
Recently, ISS announced the significant expansion of its workgroup color product line and its innovative Genesis AIO inkjet. Lexmark targets workgroup and higher-end inkjet hardware placements, as the company believes these devices drive higher toner and ink supplies consumption per unit. Supplies generation is ISS' profit engine.
Perceptive Software continues to enhance and expand its product offerings through strategic development and alliances, further strengthening its position in key market segments.
- Lexmark announced a significant expansion of its workgroup color devices with the introduction of the new Lexmark X792 family of color laser multifunction products (MFPs), Lexmark C792 family of color laser printers and the Lexmark X925 and C925 Series of A3 (11-inch x 17-inch)/ledger color offerings. An intuitive color touch screen that enables customers to access and manage their documents faster and with greater flexibility highlights each device.
- Lexmark introduced Lexmark Genesis, a unique device that extends Lexmark's line of inkjet AIOs by targeting professionals, small business and home office customers who are looking for innovative technology that is productive, while also being bold and stylish.
- Lexmark announced the availability of its Software Development Kit (SDK) platform, to enable third-party developers to help expand the company's inkjet AIO base of applications, known as SmartSolutions.
- Lexmark continued to grow its offering of SmartSolutions for its Web-connected AIO inkjet printers. Scan to Box enables users to scan, upload and store documents with the touch of a button to their Box.net account. Other applications include Google Analytics, SmartSolutions for Twitter and Facebook, enhanced partnerships with Picasa, MobileMe and Photobucket, and six new Forms and Templates SmartSolutions.
- Perceptive Software announced Interact for Lexmark, a jointly developed Embedded Solutions Framework (eSF) application that integrates Perceptive's flagship document management, imaging and workflow software – ImageNow – into Lexmark MFPs.
- Perceptive Software and Brainware, Inc., the leading provider of intelligent data capture and enterprise search solutions, entered into an agreement enabling Perceptive Software to add the advanced technology of Brainware Distiller™ to its new image capture and intelligent OCR product, IntelliCapture.
- Perceptive Software and BridgeHead Software, the Healthcare Storage Virtualization™ (HSV™) company specializing in data and storage management solutions for hospitals, have aligned to manage clinical and administrative data at healthcare facilities in North America and Europe. The partnership will help connect healthcare staff with critical information by combining ImageNow's enterprise content management solution with the storage virtualization capabilities of BridgeHead.
Third-party reviews of Lexmark's offerings continue to reflect the innovation and quality of the company's products and solutions versus leading competitors. Lexmark continues to maintain the No. 1 position in both laser and inkjet awards in the U.S. through the third quarter of 2010(1).
- Recognized for its numerous features, performance and speed, the new Lexmark C792de color laser printer earned a 4 out of 5 star rating in its recent review by PCWorld.
- Lexmark has been named an International CES Innovations 2011 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree for its new Lexmark Genesis AIO inkjet. This prestigious program honors outstanding design and engineering in cutting edge consumer electronics products across 35 product categories.
- Lexmark was named among the top 10 U.S. climate change leaders in the Bloomberg Maplecroft Climate Innovation Indexes. The company was recognized in the index as follows: No. 7 overall, No. 1 in the technology sector, No. 1 in the computers sub-sector, and No. 2 in emissions reductions among all 350 companies ranked.
- Lexmark has been recognized for the quality and depth of its patent portfolio by Ocean Tomo, LLC, the leading intellectual capital merchant banc™ firm, through inclusion in the Ocean Tomo 300® Patent Index, a market-equity stock index priced and published by the New York Stock Exchange – Euronext.
- Perceptive Software's document management, imaging and workflow product, ImageNow, was voted Compliance Product of the Year at the 2010 DM Awards, an annual document and content management awards program hosted by UK-based Document Manager magazine. The DM Awards recognize outstanding products, suppliers and projects of the document management industry.
Lexmark recently made significant announcements related to the company's leadership and organizational structure, most notably the appointment of a new CEO, and the combination of Lexmark's two major printing and imaging divisions into a single entity.
- On Oct. 26, Lexmark's former chairman and chief executive officer, Paul J. Curlander, announced his retirement in the spring of 2011. As part of a planned management succession process, Curlander has assumed the role of executive chairman. The Lexmark Board of Directors appointed Paul Rooke as the company's president and chief executive officer, succeeding Curlander, and also elected Rooke as a director of the company.
- Lexmark has combined its two printing organizations into a single organization named Imaging Solutions and Services (ISS). The combination of the two divisions into ISS enables Lexmark to more easily execute its strategy of targeting and capturing higher usage segments of the output marketplace, from small offices to global enterprises looking for managed print services.
- Lexmark announced financial results for the third quarter of 2010. Third quarter GAAP revenue of $1.020 billion increased from $958 million in the same quarter last year. GAAP net earnings were $72.0 million, up 622 percent year on year. Net cash from operations were $130 million and $367 million year-to-date. To access the third quarter 2010 earnings release and supplemental information, click here.
- Lexmark published its 2009 Corporate Social Responsibility Report, which highlights Lexmark's ongoing social responsibility efforts, including sustainable efforts, as a good corporate citizen.
- Lexmark has been selected as a recipient of the 2010 Alfred P. Sloan Awards for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility in the state of Kentucky. This prestigious award recognizes employers that are successfully using flexibility as part of an effective workplace strategy to achieve business goals and benefit employees by helping them meet their responsibilities on and off the job.
- Lexmark X792 and C792 color laser families
- Lexmark X925de MFP
- Lexmark C925 printer family
- Lexmark Genesis
- Software Development Kit
- SmartSolutions Videos
- Interact for Lexmark
- 3Q10 Earnings Supplemental Information
- Lexmark CSR Report
Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) provides businesses of all sizes with a broad range of printing and imaging products, software, solutions and services that help customers to print less and save more. Perceptive Software, a stand-alone software business within Lexmark, is a leading provider of enterprise content management software that helps organizations effortlessly manage the entire lifecycle of their documents and content, simplifying their business processes, and fueling greater operational efficiency. In 2009, Lexmark sold products in more than 170 countries and reported approximately $4.0 billion in revenue. To learn more about Lexmark, please visit www.lexmark.com. For more information on Perceptive Software, please visit www.perceptivesoftware.com.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All prices, features, specifications and capabilities are subject to change without notice.
(1) Based on internal assessments of leading U.S. technical publications and test laboratories. Laser printers, laser printer-based multifunction devices, inkjet printers and inkjet All-In-One devices.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.