LOS ANGELES, June 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics USA, the industry leader in hotel- and guest-centric display solutions, is introducing two new series of commercial-grade LED TVs featuring the latest Pro:Centric® platform, designed to deliver an enhanced, interactive guest-room experience.
New models in the premium LY970H and LY750H Pro:Centric Smart IPTV series are super-slim direct-backlight LED TVs, featuring Full HD display capabilities, interactive services support and LG EcoSmart™ technologies. The new models join one of the widest ranges of displays already offered to the hospitality market, which LG will demonstrate at the 2014 Hospitality Industry Technology Exposition & Conference (HITEC: Booth 819), along with leading-edge digital signage solutions optimized for the hospitality industry.
"These two new series build on the success of the Pro:Centric platform and represent LG's commitment to cultivating solutions that meet the ever evolving needs of business owners and their guests," said Richard Lewis, vice president, B2B research and technology, LG Electronics USA. "Under the sleek aesthetic of the LY970H and LY750H series lies the most advanced Pro:Centric platform we've introduced to date, offering even more convenient choices and interactive entertainment options for guests."
The Pro:Centric Advantage
LG's LY970H and LY750H series are built around the enhanced Pro:Centric platform with support for Java, Flash and HTML software, delivering one of the widest ranges of partner interactive applications available in the hospitality market. Pro:Centric technology, a standards-based applications platform designed to enable hotels to easily transmit up-to-the-minute information, introduces new ways for hotels to communicate with guests.
Through their advanced platform design, the LY970H and LY750H series provide uniform services and functionality across both RF (radio frequency) and IP (Internet protocol) networks, enabling the TV to operate in both network types. These new hospitality TV series also support embedded integrated LG Pro:Idiom® digital rights management solution and MPEG-2/ MPEG-4 H.264 decoding for viewing of premium HD channels.
Supporting the emerging trend of guests bringing their own video content, the LY970H and LY750H series are designed for second-screen support with LG's "Smart Share" feature with options including Smart Mirroring, Wi-Di, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA, as well as Mobile HDMI Link (MHL), to allow system integrators to enable guests to use their mobile devices to share and view their content on the TV.
The premium LY970H series supports HTML and serves up access to a plethora of web-based applications. HTML5 allows streamlined access to web applications and enables developers to create one application that is compatible across multiple platforms and devices. It also offers premium sound with a three-speaker system including an integrated sub-woofer, and has embedded b-LAN™ for Pay-Per-View and Free-To-Guest system interoperability.
Energy Efficiency and More
Both new series are ENERGY STAR® certified and incorporate LG's EcoSmart features, which allow for multiple manual and automatic options for energy conservation, providing an ideal solution for lodging and hospitality environments looking to save on energy costs.
LG EcoSmart includes Dynamic Power Savings, which reduces power consumption and optimizes picture settings, Static Power Savings that allows the installer to set the preferred power consumption level, and Intelligent Sensor for integrators to program the display to respond to the ambient light in the room and automatically reduce brightness and energy output under most circumstances.
"With all the technology options and advancements that have emerged in this day and age, guests have come to expect the at-home entertainment experience to be mirrored when they are away," said Lewis. "This latest iteration of our Pro:Centric platform offers guests a smart experience that allows them to browse and connect in a sophisticated and modern way."
The LY970H series will be available in 47-, 55- and 60-inch class sizes (46.9-, 54.6-, and 59.6-inch diagonal), while the LY750H series will be available in 32-, 39-, 42-, 47- and 55-inch class sizes (46.9- and 54.6 inch diagonal).
More LG Solutions at HITEC
At HITEC 2014, LG also is exhibiting a number of other cutting-edge solutions for the hospitality market, including the LY570H LED TV series, LG's new Chromebase all-in-one computer and an advanced new video-on-demand set-top box as well as digital signage and video wall solutions.
The LY570H series of Direct LED TVs features the RF-based Pro:Centric platform with support for Java and Flash based applications. Available in 42-, 47- and 55-inch class sizes (41.9-, 46.9- and 54.6-inch diagonal), LG's LY570H series:
- Delivers the advantages of an LED display with improved contrast ratio and picture brightness along with lower power consumption in a more economical package;
- Supports embedded b-LAN for Pay-Per-View and Free-To-Guest system interoperability, integrated LG Pro:Idiom digital rights management and MPEG-2/MPEG-4 H.264 decoding for viewing of premium HD channels; and
- Offers guests the ability to view their own content stored on portable devices on the TV thanks to the plug-and-play function with compatible Remote Jack Packs.
The LG Chromebase, model 22CV241-B (21.5-inch diagonal) is the world's first All-In-One (AIO) computer powered by the Google Chrome operating system, which:
- Uses the speed, simplicity and security of Chrome OS to power an all-in-one device, with a brilliant 21.5-inch widescreen Full HD IPS display, in an innovative space-saving design, and
- Features 2GB of memory and 16GB of storage. Access to Web apps and Google products complement an integrated technology classroom or business center.
LG's STB-2000 is a new IPTV Set Top Box that brings advanced smart TV functionality to a wide variety of LG and third-party TVs. Also part of the Pro:Centric Smart family, the STB-2000 supports the same HTML5 development environment and API (Application Program Interface) as LG's Pro:Centric IPTVs, so that the same third-party applications developed by LG's systems integrator partners can also operate on the set-top-box. Features include:
- Integrated Pro:Idiom DRM and MPEG-2/MPEG-4 decoding for digital HD-PPV compatibility,
- IP and RF connectivity plus integrated Wi-Fi,
- Exclusive Pro:Centric interactivity platform that extends programming boundaries for hotels including the ability to run highly customized applications/ services, and
- Second-screen support, and options that include Smart Mirroring, DLNA, Wi-Di and Wi-Fi Direct, to allow system integrators to enable guests to use their mobile devices to share and view their content on the TV.
LG's 84-inch class (84.0-inch diagonal), model 84WS70MS-B commercial-grade Ultra HD Signage Display boasts a pixel resolution of 3840 x 2160, four times higher than Full HD displays*, offering the sharpest picture available on a large-screen display.
- LG's In Plane Switching (IPS) panel technology helps ensure accurate color saturation and contrast at wide-angle viewing (both horizontal and vertical).
- This "4K" display has a bezel width of just 27.9mm at its thinnest point.
Perfect for hotel lobbies, retail environments and video walls, the backlit 55WV70MS-B digital signage display offers a Full HD 1080p picture and can be configured in video walls up to 15 x 15 tiles.
- This 55-inch class (54.6-inch diagonal) monitor has an ultra narrow bezel of only 3.4mm (left/top) and 1.9mm (right/bottom), and functions in both portrait and landscape mode.
- It also incorporates an IPS panel, 800nit brightness, Local Dimming technology, Shine Out technology, and LG's CINEMA 3D technology.
For more information on these LED TVs and display monitors, as well as the full line of hospitality solutions showcased at HITEC this week, please visit: www.lg.com/us/commercial/display.
About LG Electronics USA
The LG Electronics USA Home Electronics Business-to-Business division serves customers in the U.S. digital signage, systems integration, lodging and hospitality, healthcare, education, government and industrial markets. Based in Lincolnshire, Ill., with its dedicated engineering and customer support team, LG Electronics USA Home Electronics Business-to-Business delivers business-to-business technology solutions tailored to the particular needs of business environments. LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $52 billion global force in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. LG Electronics is a 2014 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year. For more information, please visit www.LGSolutions.com.
*4K video/broadcast standards still being developed.
Designs, features and specifications subject to change without notice.
Pro:Centric is a registered trademark of LG Electronics, Inc.
Pro:Idiom is a registered trademark of Zenith Electronics LLC.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA, Inc.