SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Showcasing its broad portfolio of energy efficient products for builders and consumers, LG Electronics USA is underscoring its commitment to environmental advocacy and education at the 2012 Greenbuild International Conference & Expo, which kicks-off here today.
LG Electronics, a 2012 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year, is the leading technology provider for Greenbuild's "GreenZone" exhibit with dozens of energy efficient LG products featured in both the residential and classroom green building prototypes on display. As a Greenbuild Gold Sponsor, LG Electronics also was selected by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) to be the "Official ENERGY STAR TV Provider of Greenbuild 2012."
The Greenbuild GreenZone, commissioned by SGC Horizon, is a flagship exhibit and demonstration space featuring both residential and classroom green building prototypes situated at the entrance to the Moscone Center's North Hall during the two-day expo. In addition to LG's highly efficient home appliances and electronics with smart energy-saving features, the exhibit incorporates air conditioning and solar solutions from LG Electronics USA.
"LG Electronics is committed to protecting the environment through developing and manufacturing innovative, energy-efficient products and our partnership with the USGBC to sponsor Greenbuild is an important extension of this commitment," said Wayne Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics USA. "The variety of LG ENERGY STAR certified products showcased in the state-of-the-art GreenZone exhibit further illustrates LG's dedication to promoting energy efficiency of all kinds throughout our business."
In addition to LG's GreenZone participation, more than 50 LG ENERGY STAR-qualified LED HDTVs will be featured throughout the Moscone Center, keeping attendees, exhibitors, journalists and other Greenbuild participants informed of on-site activities, building tours and other news as they navigate the conference.
"LG has shown a long-term commitment to the green building industry and the USGBC through continuing to introduce more efficient products for building professionals," said Kimberly Lewis, USGBC's community senior vice president. "Sponsoring the USGBC's Greenbuild 2012 demonstrates LG's leadership role, from product design and technology to industry education and support."
Living Greener – Residential Demonstration Home
Method Homes and Bogue Trondowski Architects combined green living philosophy with high design and modular building techniques to develop the prefabricated living space on display at GreenZone. The only residential building structure on display at Greenbuild 2012, the 722-square-foot prototype features net zero energy and water consumption, while also targeting several leading environmental certifications.
"Our objective for the GreenZone project was to push the sustainability envelope and create a real-life building application that shows the public how it is possible to live efficiently without compromising on style and comfort," said Method Homes Co-founder Brian Abramson. "Method Homes chose LG Electronics for this project based on the company's commitment to environmental stewardship and LG's broad portfolio of ENERGY STAR-certified products that are helping us to achieve net zero energy and leading environmental certifications, including LEED Platinum."
This elegantly designed, ultra-efficient residential space includes many products from LG Electronics, including:
- Art Cool™ Premier – LG's newest duct-free air conditioning system available to the green building industry, Art Cool Premier combines high design with world-class efficiency levels, providing a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of up to 28.
- Mono X™ Solar Panels – Backed by the R&D expertise and resources of LG Electronics, LG Solar has introduced the Mono X™ solar panel. LG's technologically advanced photovoltaic module, Mono X, boasts the highest power output among all LG modules in its class. While conventional mono products run at 240W, advanced units operate at 260W.
- LG Home Appliances – LG's Large Capacity 3-Door French-Door Refrigerator (LFC20770ST), an ENERGY STAR Most Efficient product, is included along with its ENERGY STAR certified TrueSteam™ Dishwasher, an energy-efficient Washer Dryer combo, Studio Series Chimney Hood and Electronic Induction Cooktop.
- LED HDTVs with CINEMA 3D and LG Smart TV – Greenbuild attendees can experience first-hand how select LG TVs that were awarded the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient designation combine smart energy-saving features such as Intelligent Sensors and power-saving modes with a cinema-quality 3D experience and the advanced interactivity of LG Smart TV.
Learning Green – Eco-Friendly "SAGE" Prototype Classroom
The GreenZone modular classroom is a 768-square-foot prototype from Portland State University, Blazer Industries and Pacific Mobile Structures. The modular classroom was constructed as a part of Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber's Oregon Solutions program, which helps to organize teams of experts from non-profit, public and private industries to address problems that face the state. During this process, the Green Modular Classroom Taskforce developed the "Smart Academic Green Environment" (SAGE) Classroom, an innovative, energy-efficient, and affordable modular classroom.
"The SAGE classroom is designed to provide an alternative to the status quo in modular classrooms at a cost school districts can afford. These Smart Academic Green Environments not only perform efficiently, they can help teach our next generations what it means to be green," said Margarette Leite, assistant professor of Architecture at Portland State University.
This green modular classroom incorporates a range of building materials and energy-efficient features, including the following solutions from LG:
- Duct-Free Standard, High Efficiency Air Conditioner– LG's high-efficiency, single zone Inverter air conditioning system combines the benefits of duct-free design with energy-efficient Inverter technology. Featuring an impressive Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of up to 20, the system is also ENERGY STAR-certified.
- EzSign™ TV – LG's ENERGY STAR-qualified commercial-grade digital displays are optimized for high-impact content delivery and more efficient energy use in educational settings.
- Zero-Client cloud monitors – These ultra-efficient ENERGY STAR-qualified LED monitors help multi-station computer environments stretch technology budgets while increasing energy efficiency, security and scalability.
Both demonstration modules included in the GreenZone exhibit will be open to the public as well as conference attendees on Nov. 14 and 15.
Designed With Green In Mind
A long-standing ENERGY STAR partner, LG Electronics increased its U.S. sales of products that earn the ENERGY STAR label, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) symbol of energy efficiency, by nearly 30 percent in 2011.
LG has fully embraced the new, rigorous guidelines set by the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient program, designed to advance energy efficiency by awarding the designation to the most efficient products among those that qualify for the ENERGY STAR. More than 60 LG products, including refrigerators, washing machines, HDTVs and air conditioning solutions have earned the coveted Most Efficient 2012 designation.
More than 750,000 LG products awarded ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2012 were sold in the United States through September, a 75 percent increase from LG's 2011 Most Efficient sales of about 400,000 units. According to the EPA, consumer purchases of LG appliances and electronics earning the 2012 ENERGY STAR Most Efficient designation will save consumers more than $150 million in utility costs and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by about 930 million pounds over the lifetime of these products.
LG was named a 2012 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in recognition for outstanding contributions by manufacturing energy-efficient products and helping to educate consumers about those products.
More information on the LG solutions featured at Greenbuild 2012 and LG's entire portfolio of ENERGY STAR qualified products can be found www.LG.com.
Designs, features and specifications subject to change without notice. LG LED TVs are LCD TVs with LED backlighting.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $49 billion global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. LG Electronics, a proud 2012 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA, Inc.