ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., May 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Customers in key markets around the world will finally get their chance to own the latest advanced smartphone from LG Electronics (LG), one which industry experts have widely praised for its exceptional camera, vivid and expansive display, and willingness to set new rules in defining what a premium mobile device can be.
LG G4 will begin rolling out this week to consumers in key markets around the world, continuing throughout the month into June and beyond as more retailers and operators see what LG G4 has to offer their customers. Starting in Hong Kong, the G4 will follow with rollouts in Turkey, Russia and Singapore, eventually including most of Europe, North America, CIS, Southeast Asia, Middle East/Africa and South/Central America, coming to approximately 180 carrier and retailers.
Highlights of the LG G4 include:
- Handcrafted, genuine full grain leather (see LG's leather artisan at work at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T9ejKpcunE) back cover in six beautiful colors in addition of three unique material covers with 3D patterns
- Rear-facing camera featuring a rare F1.8 aperture lens and 16-megapixel resolution supported by Color Spectrum Sensor (CSS) and a new Manual Mode
- Front-facing 8-megapixel camera and Gesture Interval Shot for perfect selfies every time which can then be saved to the removable microSD card*
- Vivid IPS Quantum Display which offers 20 percent greater color reproduction, 25 percent improvement in brightness and 50 percent greater contrast
- First smartphone to utilize Qualcomm's newest Snapdragon™ 808 Processor with X10 LTE for the best balance of performance and power savings
- High-capacity 3,000mAh removable battery and supporting Quick Charge 2.0 (enabled with Quick Charge 2.0 certified adapter, sold separately)
- Slim Arc exterior design for a more comfortable grip and greater durability when dropped
- Easily captures 4K video and play backs on Ultra HDTVs with support through Analogix SlimPort® NANO∙CONSOLE®
"The LG G4 is our most ambitious smartphone yet because it is unlike any other flagship mobile phone on the market today," said Juno Cho, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "Our vision is to create our own set of standards without worrying about what trend other smartphones are following. We think we have a winning formula because the initial reaction to the G4 has been tremendously positive."
Prices and additional purchase details will be announced locally at time of availability, and may vary by carrier and market.
*mircoSD card sold separately
About LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc.
LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the U.S. sales subsidiary of LG Electronics USA Inc., a global innovator and trend leader in the global mobile communications industry. LG is driving the evolution of mobile forward with its highly competitive core technologies in the areas of display, battery and camera optics and strategic partnerships with noted industry leaders. LG's consumer-centric products --- including the flagship premium G Series models --- incorporate unique, ergonomic designs and intuitive UX features that enhance the user experience. The company remains committed to leading consumers into the era of convergence, maximizing inter-device connectivity between smartphones, tablets and a wide range of home and portable electronics products. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lg-g4-to-begin-shipping-in-key-markets-worldwide-300084853.html
SOURCE LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc.