NEW YORK, Oct. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The new LG SIGNATURE brand from LG Electronics (LG), which combines the best of LG's cutting-edge technology and world-class design with exquisite attention to detail for today's most discerning consumers, officially hits stores this fall, and to celebrate, LG unveiled the LG SIGNATURE Gallery in the heart of New York City's Rockefeller Center®.
The unique exterior of the LG SIGNATURE Gallery is created entirely of LED panels on all four sides. Once the curtain is dropped to reveal the LG SIGNATURE Gallery, consumers will be presented with a stunning structure, which will be playing unique content to make the Gallery appear as if its transparent – allowing them to see through the structure from one side to the other. Consumers are invited to enter the LG SIGNATURE Gallery to experience the new premium products firsthand.
The interior showcases four industry-leading LG SIGNATURE products: a stunning OLED television, which takes the immersive viewing and listening experience to the next level; a sleek refrigerator with a beautiful Door-in-Door® feature to keep food fresher; a bold new Black Stainless Steel Washer and white all-in-one Washer/Dryer unit, and an intuitive Air Purifier. All products will be on display for visitors to experience firsthand inside the LG SIGNATURE Gallery through Monday, Oct. 10.
"From idea generation to the user experience, LG SIGNATURE products were designed with their true essence in mind – streamlined to focus on each product's essential function while maintaining the brand's modern, signature design," said William Cho, president and CEO of LG Electronics USA. "The LG SIGNATURE Gallery represents a phenomenal opportunity for LG to interact with consumers and showcase the high design and unrivaled technology that embodies the LG SIGNATURE brand for today's most discerning U.S. consumers."
LG SIGNATURE partnered with high-end fashion designer and lifestyle expert Phillip Lim and Michelin-star chef and television personality Dominique Crenn to introduce the line of best-in-class products to the New York design, food and lifestyle community at the LG SIGNATURE Gallery unveiling last night, before it officially opens to the public this morning. Both Lim and Crenn lent their fashion and culinary expertise to attendees before they enjoyed a live performance by famed tap dancer and choreographer Savion Glover.
"I think its crucial to have a signature style in order to find success as a chef", said Dominique Crenn. "I am honored to have been a part of LG SIGNATURE'S official launch last night, where I was able to share my own personal signature style in the kitchen. As a chef, my signature style is to express myself, tell a story through food and share memories through the food I've created."
Featured in the LG SIGNATURE Gallery:
- The LG SIGNATURE OLED TV marries the leading picture quality of LG OLED TV's perfect blacks and expanded color gamut with unique "Picture-On-Glass" technology for a stunningly slim design, measuring a never-before-achieved 2.57 millimeters thin.
- The LG SIGNATURE Refrigerator takes LG's award-winning Door-in-Door® design two steps further with InstaView™ – a sleek glass panel that illuminates and turns the opaque Door-in-Door compartment transparent with two simple knocks – and the new Auto Door function which features a smart sensor that opens the fridge door automatically with a subtle swipe of the foot. It offers 31 cubic feet of capacity and boasts a full stainless steel body that's also incorporated in the interior.
- The LG SIGNATURE Washer, the largest capacity front-load washer available in its class, * features a sophisticated design with a touch-enabled and embedded control panel in the glass door and a chic, smudge-resistant Black Stainless Steel finish. It's also is compatible with the LG SideKick™ pedestal washer that serves as a second mini- washing machine in the footprint of a laundry pedestal, allowing users to wash two loads at the same time.
- The LG SIGNATURE Combo TWINWash™ System is loaded with SmartThinQ™smart connectivity features so consumers can receive smartphone notifications when the detergent tank is empty, download the specialized wash cycles, save frequently used wash cycles and track the amount of water and electricity used. This vent-less machine is powered by LG's Inverter HeatPump, which uses half the electricity of conventional dryers. It also features a unique "Centum" Fixed Tub suspension system, similar to those found in today's luxury automobiles, greatly reducing noise levels and vibration. This unit also is compatible with the LG SideKick mini washer.
- The LG SIGNATURE Air Purifier features an innovative, semi-permanent filter system that can be washed and reused for up to 10 years. And LG's six-stage Eco-Saving filter to purify the air and Eco-Watering System to provide exceptional air purifying and humidifying to bring comfort air zone to breath. Stunning Rain-View-Mirror, Smart Indicator and Smart Lighting provides stylish view of the current indoor air quality in four different colors.
The LG SIGNATURE Gallery is open to the public at no charge Thursday, Oct. 6 through Sunday, Oct. 9 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and until 10 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 10.
Following the LG SIGNATURE launch in Rockefeller Center, the LG SIGNATURE Gallery will travel to Dallas, Los Angeles and other major U.S. cities for luxury consumers to experience.
For more information on the LG SIGNATURE brand, its cutting-edge products and the LG SIGNATURE Gallery, please visit LGSIGNATURE.com, and to learn more about your signature style, visit WhatsYourSignature.com.
*Based on manufacturers published specs of front load washers with a width of 30 inches or less.
"LG" and the LG logo are trademarks of LG Corp. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $49 billion global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. LG Electronics, a proud 2016 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LG.com.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA, Inc.