ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Oct. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Following the anticipated unveiling of the LG V20™, LG Electronics today announced the enterprise offering of the latest flagship V series smartphone. The new V20 leverages the new Android Nougat operating system and will feature an enterprise-grade, IT-compliant and secure solution for IT decision-makers and enterprise mobility managers.
Greater Productivity for Mobile Workforce
The V20 has been created to keep up with today's mobile workforce. The 5.7" IPS Quantum Display on the V20 provides crisp imagery, authentic color and fine details, allowing users to view intricate materials comfortably and accurately. An 'always-on' Second Screen above the main display allows for easy access to notifications and work-related updates without interrupting productivity on the main screen. Content on the Second Screen can also be seen when the main screen is off, saving the user time and battery power, and with the new Expandable Notifications feature, users can enlarge pertinent notifications to view additional details and reply quickly without leaving the app they were using.
With 64GB of onboard memory and support for a microSD card (up to 2TB), the V20 provides plenty of storage options for business users looking to take office files on the go. A removable 3,200mAh battery provides ample power to keep up with emails throughout the day and can be easily accessed with the press of a button, allowing for fast battery swapping to a full charge if needed. Furthermore, the inclusion of ThinkFree Viewer, a Microsoft® Office compatible application suite, Smart Notice 2.0 and the new Android Nougat Operating system allow users to be more productive than ever.
Enhanced Security Features and Manageability Functions
The LG V20 offers Android for Work, which features the ability to isolate and secure work apps from personal apps so employees are protected by powerful security solutions, including Platform Security and Network Security. With LG Knock Code™, users can secure access to their phone by tapping a personalized pattern anywhere on the screen, and a built-in fingerprint sensor confirms the user's identity, ensuring that business content remains secure and private.
"Today's workforce is more mobile than ever, and they require an enterprise-grade device that balances security, productivity and durability," said Michael Lombardo, vice president, sales and marketing, LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc. "The LG V20 provides the suite of features modern business users need to excel while on the go, from editing complex files to communicating securely with colleagues and even accessing corporate VPNs."
The V20 supports LG GATE, delivering unmatched platform security with advanced encryption and key/certificate management and supports:
- Enhanced Exchange Active Sync – Enforce simply security policies, secure corporate data and provide full wireless email and PIM sync
- FIPS 140-2 Certification – Enhance the protection of government accounts with an added government-grade security module
- Multi-Headed VPN Client Software – Allow employees to securely and remotely access corporate VPN while on the go
- Expanded Mobile Device Management Support – Give corporate IT managers the ability to control and protect the data and configuration settings for LG devices with major MDM vendors, including MobileIron, SOTI, SAP, AirWatch and Fiberlink
- Platform Security – Implement additional security precautions with hardware accelerated encryptions, trust zone-based certificate management and trust zone-based key management
Tougher and More Practical
The LG V20 is also MIL-STD 810G Transit Drop Test Compliant – conforming to U.S. military standards – combining durability with functionality and a professional, sophisticated look. On the outside, the V20 uses AL6012 metal, found in aircraft, to cover the back of the phone, and the top and bottom are protected by Silicone Polycarbonate (Si-PC), material found in helmets and commonly utilized to reduce shocks. On the inside, a replaceable battery enables corporate users to keep productivity going by switching from a depleted battery to a fully charged spare in mere seconds.
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 Processor
- Display: Main 5.7-inch QHD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 513ppi) / Secondary IPS Quantum Display (160 x 1040 / 513ppi)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 64GB UFS ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Front 5MP with F1.9 Aperture (Wide Angle) / Rear 16MP with F1.8 Aperture OIS (Standard Angle) and 8MP with F2.4 Aperture (Wide Angle)
- Battery: 3200mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Size: 159.7 x 78.1 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 174g
- Network: LTE-A 3 Band CA
- Connectivity: X12 LTE (up to 600 Mbps LTE Category 12 with 3x Carrier Aggregation) / Wi-Fi (802.11 a, b, g, n, ac) / USB Type-C / Bluetooth 4.2 BLE / NFC
- Colors: Titan / Silver
- Others: Hi-Fi Video Recording / Steady Record 2.0 / HD Audio Recorder / Studio Mode / High AOP Mic / Second Screen / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / In Apps / Finger Print Scanner / Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0
*Specifications may vary depending on the market.
About LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc.
LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the U.S. sales subsidiary of LG Electronics USA Inc., a global innovator and trend leader in the global mobile communications industry. LG is driving the evolution of mobile forward with its highly competitive core technologies in the areas of display, battery and camera optics and strategic partnerships with noted industry leaders. LG's consumer-centric products — including the flagship premium G Series models — incorporate unique, ergonomic designs and intuitive UX features that enhance the user experience. The company remains committed to leading consumers into the era of convergence, maximizing inter-device connectivity between smartphones, tablets and a wide range of home and portable electronics products. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.
SOURCE LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc.