ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., May 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics–the maker of the acclaimed LG G2 smartphone, LG G Pad 8.3 tablet and innovative curved LG G Flex smartphone – today announced that the new LG Volt is powering its way to no contract Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile USA as the first high-speed Enhanced LTE-capable device for the two Sprint prepaid brands. Both Boost and Virgin Mobile offer flexible unlimited service options with no long-term contracts.
Starting today, LG Volt will be available online at http://www.virginmobileusa.com and http://www.boostmobile.com and at retail for an MSRP of $179.99. The new smartphone will be available on Boost Mobile in Dark Blue and Virgin Mobile in White.
The LG Volt runs the latest Android operating system, Android™ 4.4 KitKat, is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm ® Snapdragon ™ processor, and boasts a strong enough battery for up to 24 hours of talk time*. This makes this lightweight smartphone a powerful all-day performer while on-the-go.
The smartphone's 4.7-inch IPS display delivers sharp, vivid colors, making streaming videos, browsing the web and interacting with favorite apps a cinch and enjoyable. With its 8-megapixel rear-facing and 1.3-megapixel front-facing cameras, consumers can capture cherished moments and then quickly and easily share them with family and friends.
Bringing Boost Mobile's and Virgin Mobile's customers a popular new security feature, the LG Volt offers the LG Knock Code, an evolution of LG KnockON. LG Knock Code is a unique new way of waking and unlocking smartphones using a personalized knock sequence within four invisible quadrants on the display. LG Volt users can customize more than 80,000 knock code combinations, helping users feel more confident about their device's security.
The LG Volt comes pre-loaded with a number of new apps that keep users entertained and efficient in their tasks while on-the-go:
- Next Radio: Consumers can tune into their favorite local FM radio stations with Next Radio** and get song and artist information to share online, or purchase straight from your phone.
- QuickRemote: Turn your LG Volt into a universal TV remote easily with QuickRemote, putting your multi-room, home entertainment system right at your fingertips.
- QuickMemo™: Create and share personalized memos by taking screen captures and adding handwritten drawings or messages – like looking up directions on the map application, jotting down a handwritten note on the map for the date and time of a dinner date and sending it to a friend or family member
- QSlide Function: Multitask by layering up to two windows over the main screen, adjusting for size and transparency – such as using the Richnote feature simultaneously with the calendar or calculator
- EasyHome: Users can easily access their favorite features, such as camera, contacts, dial pad, voicemail, weather and more from the homescreen, perfect for first-time smartphone owners
- Guest Mode: This feature can personalize a user experience for yourself or a guest, controlling which apps and capabilities are available depending on which are made accessible.***
Key Technical Specs Include:
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- Knock Code and KnockOn
- 4.7 IPS Display with Corning ® Gorilla® Glass 2
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm® Snapdragon ™ Processor
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera; 1.3-front-facing camera
- Full 1080p HD Camcorder
- 1 GB (Internal) with microSD™ Memory Card support to 32GB
- 3,000 mAh removable battery with up to 24 hours of talk time
- Smart LED Alerts
* Talk time based on average use; actual battery performance may vary and dependent on voice, data, and other usage patterns as well as network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature and features selected.
**Headset required (sold separately)
**Some owner content and information may still be accessible to a user in Guest Mode.
About LG MobileComm USA, Inc.
LG MobileComm USA, based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the U.S. sales subsidiary of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company, a global innovator and trend leader in the global mobile communications industry. LG is driving the evolution of mobile forward with its highly competitive core technologies in the areas of display, battery and camera optics and strategic partnerships with noted industry leaders. LG's consumer-centric products ― including the flagship premium G Series models ― incorporate unique, ergonomic designs and intuitive UX features that enhance the user experience. The company remains committed to leading consumers into the era of convergence, maximizing inter-device connectivity between smartphones, tablets and a wide range of home and portable electronics products. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.
About Boost Mobile
Boost Mobile, recently recognized by J.D. Power as "Highest Satisfaction with the Purchase Experience among Non-Contract Wireless Providers," redefines value for wireless consumers with no long-term contracts on the nationwide Sprint 4G LTE Network, reaching more than 225 million people and with no long-distance fees. Boost Mobile offers a selection of quality handsets from BlackBerry, HTC, Kyocera, LG, Motorola and Samsung, ranging from entry-level to Android™ smartphone devices available nationwide at nearly 20,000 major retail stores, including Best Buy, Kmart-Sears, RadioShack, Target, Family Dollar, Walgreens and Walmart, independent wireless dealer locations, and on HSN, a leading TV home shopping network. Re-Boost® Cards are available at approximately 100,000 locations throughout the United States. Experience Boost Mobile on the Web at Facebook and Twitter; and purchase products at www.boostmobile.com.
About Virgin Mobile USA
Virgin Mobile USA offers millions of customers control, flexibility and connectivity through Virgin Mobile's Beyond Talk™ no long-term contract plans with unlimited and available 3G/4G data speeds for mobile phone service, including Android™-powered smartphones, and prepaid Broadband2Go high-speed Web access on the nationwide 4G LTE Sprint Network. Virgin Mobile-branded devices are available at more than 40,000 retail stores, including Best Buy, RadioShack, Target and Walmart, Top-Up cards are available at approximately 150,000 locations nationwide. Experience Virgin Mobile on the Web at Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and purchase Virgin Mobile USA products at www.virginmobileusa.com.
 Boost Mobile received the highest numerical score among non-contract wireless providers in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Non-Contract Wireless Purchase Experience StudySM-Vol. 1. Study based on responses from 4,468 consumers measuring 7 non-contract wireless providers and measures opinions of consumers who purchased a wireless product or service within the last 6 months. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed July-December 2013. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com
SOURCE LG MobileComm USA