Liberty National Helps Child Development Center
Donations from convention attendees support underserved preschool children
Jun 22, 2015, 06:29 ET
BOCA RATON, Fla., JUNE 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Liberty National Life Insurance Company, headquartered in McKinney, Texas, donated $10,000 to the Florence Fuller Child Development Center in Boca Raton, Florida, during its 2015 convention Closer to the Heart Project. In addition to financial support, convention attendees brought approximately 300 new children's books for the Center's library. Closer to the Heart is Liberty National's way of giving back to the communities the Company visits.
Roger Smith, Chief Executive Officer of Liberty National, presented the group's donations to FFCDC CEO Ellyn Okrent. "Children are our future. It is in all of our best interest to provide equal educational opportunities to all children. Every child deserves the opportunity to learn, grow, and experience success regardless of their economic circumstances. We consider this an investment in the communities of tomorrow," said Smith.
Florence Fuller Child Development Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of children from economically challenged families with the goal of preparing children for a lifetime commitment to learning and empowering their families to build a brighter future. Without a preschool education, children from this economic population have only a 30% chance of graduating high school.
Liberty National Life Insurance Company has been in the insurance business since 1900. The Company offers affordable supplemental life and health insurance through in-home and workplace sales. Go to www.libertynational.com to learn more about the Company and career opportunities.
Liberty National Life Insurance Company Facts
- Founded in 1900
- Wholly-owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)
- Liberty National has earned the A+ (Superior) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best Company (as of 6/15)
Parent Company Facts
Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)
- Member of the S&P 500 Index
- Ranked #622 Fortune 1000 company – 2014
- Ranked #25 on Dallas Morning News 2014 Top 150 D/FW Companies list
- Ranked #64 on 2014 Texas 1000 list
Torchmark Corporation affiliates include:
- Liberty National Life Insurance Company
- American Income Life Insurance Company
- Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company
- United American Insurance Company
- Family Heritage Life Insurance Company
SOURCE Liberty National Life Insurance Company
Share this article