DALLAS, Nov. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Liberty National Life Insurance Company, headquartered in McKinney, TX, donated $10,810 to benefit the North Texas Food Bank (NTFB). Liberty National's Agency Owners from throughout the United States, in Dallas for their semi-annual meeting, made the donation as part of the Company's Closer to the Heart charitable giving program. The group also volunteered at NTFB's warehouse sorting and packaging food items.
Liberty National CEO Roger Smith presented the donations to Jessica Quiñonez, NTFB's Corporate Engagement Manager. "The problem of hunger is right here, in our own backyard. Liberty National believes wholeheartedly in giving back to the communities where we live, work, and visit and helping those who are down on their luck. We are proud to support the North Texas Food Bank," said Smith.
Founded in 1982, the North Texas Food Bank is a Dallas nonprofit hunger relief organization that distributes donated, purchased and prepared foods through a network of more than 250 Partner Agencies in 13 counties. As a member of Feeding America, they support the nutritional needs of children, families and seniors through education, advocacy and strategic partnerships. NTFB passionately pursues a hunger-free community.
Liberty National Life Insurance Company has been in the insurance business since 1900. The Company offers affordable supplemental life and health insurance through in-home and workplace sales. Go to www.libertynational.com to learn more about the Company and career opportunities.
Liberty National Life Insurance Company Facts
- Founded in 1900
- Wholly-owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)
- Liberty National has earned the A+ (Superior) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best Company (as of 6/15)
Parent Company Facts
Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)
- Member of the S&P 500 Index
- Ranked #621 Fortune 1000 company – 2014
- Ranked #28 on Dallas Morning News 2014 Top 150 D/FW Companies list
- Ranked #64 on 2014 Texas 1000 list
Torchmark Corporation affiliates include:
- Liberty National Life Insurance Company
- American Income Life Insurance Company
- Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company
- United American Insurance Company
- Family Heritage Life Insurance Company
SOURCE Liberty National Life Insurance Company