NEW YORK, Nov. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Synopsis
The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Mexican life insurance segment, including:
• The Mexican life insurance segment's growth prospects by life insurance categories
• Key trends and drivers for the life insurance segment
• The various distribution channels in the Mexican life insurance segment
• The detailed competitive landscape in the life insurance segment in Mexico
• Detailed regulatory policies of the Mexican insurance industry
• A description of the life reinsurance segment in Mexica
• Porter's Five Forces analysis of the life insurance segment
• A benchmarking section on the Mexican life insurance segment in comparison with other countries in the Latin American region
Life insurance was the largest segment in the Mexican insurance industry in 2013, accounting for 46.2% of the industry's gross written premiums. Led by sustained economic growth and favorable demographics, the segment expanded at a review-period CAGR of 11.2%. Growth in the segment is primarily led by strong demand for products with protection and savings components such as pension and endowment. From the diverse range of life insurance products, pension and term-life categories registered the highest CAGRs of 24.9% and 12.4% respectively during the review period.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Mexico:
• It provides historical values for the Mexican life insurance segment for the report's 2009–2013 review period and forecast figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
• It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Mexican life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
• It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
• It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Mexico.
• Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Mexico for the life insurance business.
• It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Mexico and its growth prospects.
• It profiles the top life insurance companies in Mexico and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons To Buy
• Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Mexican life insurance segment and each category within it
• Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Mexican life insurance segment
• Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
• Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
• Gain insights into key regulations governing the Mexican insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
• After Brazil, Mexico has the second-largest economy in Latin America, and the fourth-highest GDP per capita after Chile, Brazil and Argentina.
• The growth in the insurance industry during the review period was partly due to the robust regulatory environment, rising middle-class population and favorable demographic dividend.
• Agencies were the most popular channel for distributing life insurance products in 2013, accounting for 33.7% of the new business written premium.
• As of 2013, there were 48 life insurance companies operating in the life segment. Foreign companies dominated the segment, accounting for 60% of life insurance premiums in 2013.
• The pension category registered the highest CAGR of 23.1% during the review period, supported by the growing demand for saving and protection insurance products.
• A lack of proper insurance knowledge is acting as a hindrance for the growth of the Mexican life insurance industry.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p01600003-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/life-insurance-in-mexico-key-trends-and-opportunities-to-2018-300001365.html