BOSTON, July 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Advancing its commitment to improve the health of communities, Life Time – The Healthy Way of Life Company announced the opening of its newest destination, Life Time Athletic Boston MetroWest, located at 7405 Weston Road. A ribbon cutting and preview celebration is set for July 14 at 6:00 p.m. The club will open for workouts for Founder's Members on Friday, July 15 at 4:00 a.m. and to all members on Tuesday, July 19.
The three-story, more than 186,000-square-foot destination offers a health and fitness experience unique to the area, including a 50,000-square-foot outdoor aquatic center with zero-depth entry pools, lap pools and waterslides, along with four indoor squash courts and two full-size basketball courts. In addition, the new center boasts a broad array of highly personalized programs and services that allow members to engage in their areas of interest and help them achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals.
"It's humbling to see how our truly unique and personalized healthy way of life approach has resonated in the Boston area," said Steven Gum, Life Time Athletic Boston MetroWest general manager. "We're on a mission to improve the health of our communities and simply can't wait to impact the lives of MetroWest area residents—from our littlest members to the most seasoned adults."
As with each of the company's current destinations across North America, including Boston's first Life Time location at University Station in Westwood, which opened in July 2015, Life Time Athletic will offer something for every age and physical ability. From fitness to nutrition; recreation and entertainment; aquatics, basketball leagues, spa, relaxation and more, this all-inclusive destination will help every member of the family achieve their individual health and fitness goals.
Life Time Athletic highlights include:
- Indoor and outdoor aquatics center with zero-depth entry pools, lap pools and water slides
- Five dedicated group exercise, cycle, Pilates and LifePower Yoga studios
- 400 pieces of best-in-class cardiovascular and resistance training equipment
- Four indoor squash courts with an array of programming as the largest squash operator in the country
- Two full-size indoor basketball courts, featuring Ultimate Hoops leagues and training programs
- Life Time's proprietary "Core 3 – Life Time Training Method," a science-based approach for long-term health and wellness success led by the industry's most highly certified fitness professionals
- Life Time Kids Academy, a unique membership program designed especially for kids from three months to 11 years, led by handpicked, certified experts (Life Time "gurus") committed to childhood development. Classes include everything from Spanish immersion and tumbling to music and karate
- LifeSpa, offering full-service hair, nail and skin care services and therapeutic massage, along with the latest Spa treatments
- LifeCafe, serving healthy food and beverages free of trans fats, bleached flours, and artificial flavors, colors, preservatives and sweeteners
Life Time Athletic Boston MetroWest marks the company's second location in the Boston market; and 122nd destination in the U.S. and Canada. Hours of operation are 4:00 a.m. to midnight seven days a week. For more information, call 744-777-2100, visit lifetimeathletic.com/metrowest or facebook.com/LifeTimeAthleticMetroWest.
About Life Time Fitness, Inc.
Life Time is a privately held, comprehensive health and lifestyle company that offers a personalized and scientific approach to long-term health and wellness. Through its portfolio of distinctive resort-like destinations, athletic events and corporate health services, the Healthy Way of Life Company helps members achieve their goals everyday with the support of a team of dedicated professionals and an array of proprietary health assessments. As of July 14, 2016, the company operates 122 centers in 26 states and 35 major markets under the LIFE TIME FITNESS® and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC® brands in the United States and Canada. Additional information is available at www.lifetimefitness.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/life-time-continues-expansion-in-greater-boston-area-with-opening-celebration-of-metrowest-destination-on-july-14-300298595.html
SOURCE Life Time Fitness, Inc.