LOS ANGELES, Oct. 29, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Linksys, the connected home division within newly merged Belkin International and Foxconn Interconnect Technology (FIT) (HK: 6088) entity, has today announced its newest addition to the Velop product family – the Velop WiFi 6 system.
WiFi 6 also known as "AX WiFi" or "802.11ax WiFi" is the latest WiFi standard, promising more speed, coverage, and capacity than any WiFi technology has before. With the proliferation of smart devices in the home (phones, tablets, TVs, speakers, etc. and now, the iPhone 11) and increase in high-bandwidth applications such as 4K/8K connections, WiFi 6 was built to handle all of the WiFi traffic while providing uninterrupted streaming, faster connectivity and improved battery life for connected devices.
The Velop WiFi 6 system combines WiFi's latest and greatest features with Linksys' award-winning Intelligent Mesh Technology to provide 4x faster speeds, more WiFi range and increased WiFi capacity, all with the flexibility, scalability and ease-of-use of Velop mesh systems. The Velop WiFi 6 system covers 3,000 square feet per node and is designed to manage the demands of more than 50 devices all sharing the same bandwidth. It eliminates dead spots and provides an entire home – backyard and outdoor devices included – with a blanket of whole home, high-speed connectivity.
"Linksys has pioneered wireless connectivity for more than 30 years and we are thrilled to be advancing and evolving our Intelligent Mesh product portfolio with Linksys' first WiFi 6 Velop Mesh system," says Kannan Vardarajan, director of product management at Linksys. "With the growing adoption of WiFi 6 devices, as well as increased popularity of mesh WiFi networks, the Velop WiFi 6 system addresses an inflection point where users are going to need more bandwidth, more range and seamless Internet connectivity."
- Performance and reliability – Velop WiFi 6 system takes advantage of faster internet speeds by offering more coverage, capacity and consistency for homes with numerous connected devices. Velop WiFi 6 system is ideal for simultaneous 4K/8K streaming, online gaming, social media, and uninterrupted use of heavy apps.
- Hassle-free setup – easily set up the Velop WiFi 6 system from any Android or iOS device using the Linksys App. With a few easy steps, Velop WiFi 6 system can connect to form a mesh network that covers the home in strong and reliable WiFi. After setup is complete, the Linksys App serves as a powerful WiFi management tool with useful features such as guest access, parental controls, device prioritization, and insights that help Velop users get maximum performance and utility from their network.
The Velop WiFi 6 system is the newest addition to Linksys' award-winning Intelligent Mesh
- Technology lineup:
- Velop WiFi 6 – Linksys' debut WiFi 6 mesh system available in 1-pack or 2-pack options
- MR9000 Mesh WiFi Router – Linksys' newest mesh router
- MR8300 Mesh WiFi Router – mesh router
- Velop Tri-Band – Tri-Band mesh system available in 1-pack, 2-pack, 3-pack options
- Velop Dual-Band – Dual-Band mesh system available in 1-pack, 2-pack, 3-pack options
- Velop Plug-in – plug-in nodes to fit wall sockets/eliminate cords
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Linksys Velop WiFi 6 system (1-pack) is now available for pre-order on Amazon.com; MSRP $399
Linksys Velop WiFi 6 system (2-pack) is now available for purchase at Best Buy and Amazon.com; MSRP $699
About Belkin International
In 2018, Foxconn Interconnect Technology merged with Belkin International (Belkin®, Linksys®, Wemo®, Phyn®) to create a global consumer electronics leader. Today, this group leads in connecting people with technologies at home, at work and on the go within the accessories ("Connected Things" – Belkin brand) and the smart home and business ("Connected Home and Business" – Linksys, Wemo and Phyn brands) markets.
© 2019 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Belkin International