WALTHAM, Mass., April 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: LIOX), today announced the sponsorship of Localization World APAC 2016 opening today in Tokyo. An important event in the localization community, LocWorld APAC 2016 brings together the world's top global companies to discuss the hot topics and challenges in the industry. Lionbridge will also host and present a number of relevant sessions including:
- Keynote panel on "The Growing Importance of Emerging Markets" – Allison McDougall, Lionbridge's VP of Emerging Markets, will be featured along with Mika Karashima from Google, Motoko Mori from NEC Corporation and Mark Shriner from Welocalize. Panelists will discuss existing challenges that emerging markets pose, opportunities, which languages are expected to grow and more.
- "The Undiscovered Power of Mobile Apps — Learn Why Your App May Be More Important than Your Website to Reach Global Audiences" – Hosted by Ulrich Henes, Principal at Localization World, Lionbridge's Aoife McIlraith, Director of Global Search will speak on the importance of mobile in today's world, honing in on the exponential growth in the use of mobile devices in APAC.
- "Tailoring Your Product to Succeed in Japan" – Moderated by Lionbridge Country Manager of Japan, Miki Inagaki, this session which features panelists Lupe Gervás Pabón of Netflix, Megumi Kato of VMware, Kaoru Kobayashi of Salesforce and Allison McDougall of Lionbridge who will discuss the overarching strategies, product and content customizations specific to the Japanese market whilst honoring the voice of the Japanese consumer.
- Jun Koike, Language Lead of Lionbridge, will speak alongside panelists from IBM and PhraseApp in a session called "MicroTalks" which will look beyond communication through language alone, in multiple quick and dynamic presentations.
- "Localizing Global Websites During Corporate Change" – Allison McDougall will moderate this session, which will feature Kathryn Hendricksen and Akihiko Suzuki of Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Panelists will address the broad goals and specific challenges companies face when updating a website. They will also look at the solutions and tools for maintaining order in the midst of massive change.
"Reaching a global audience today is essential for every organization, and key to that success is understanding the context and culture of each market," said Allison McDougall, Vice President of Emerging Markets, Lionbridge. "For years, Lionbridge has been at the forefront of the industry, helping brands across the globe transform the way they speak with their customers. With relevant, timely topics presented by a number of industry experts, we look forward to sharing our industry insights with our colleagues at Localization World APAC."
LocWorld brings together delegates who are engaged in the business of adapting products, services and communications to an international language or culture. In addition to Lionbridge, executives from IBM, Salesforce, Canon, Netflix and other leading brands are among the speakers.
For more information, please visit http://locworld.com/
Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional cloud workers, we provide translation, online marketing, global content management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points of the customer lifecycle. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 28 countries. To learn more, visit http://www.lionbridge.com.
SOURCE Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.