LONDON, March 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Report Details
Following the Fukushima nuclear disaster and the resulting increase in LNG demand in 2012, the LNG carrier fleet was operating at a 98% utilisation rate and was on occasions able to charge record charter rates for spot cargoes of $150,000/day. Consequently this presented an opportunity for a profitable investment in LNG carriers. However, the delivery of significant numbers of carriers in 2013 and 2014, in combination with the delay of several liquefaction projects and slowing LNG demand in Asia, has led to a rapid decrease of charter rates to around $80,000/day in 2014. 2015 saw further dramatic decrease, and charter rates were more than halved by Q2 2015 to an average of $30,000/day as a result of fall in demand. Long term and spot charter rates in September were below $40,000/day and $25,000/day, respectively. In consequence, charter utilization rates have also fallen below 90%.
Nonetheless, the addition of substantial liquefaction capacity in Australia and North America over the next five years will drive spending on LNG carriers to transports these supplies, while the market will be further boosted by the need for increased flexibility in the LNG fleet, more long-haul LNG voyages and a growing spot market. Visiongain has calculated the global LNG carrier market will reach $7.693bn in 2016.
The report will answer questions such as:
- What is driving and restraining the LNG carrier market?
- What are the market shares of the containment systems and national construction markets of the overall LNG carrier market in 2016?
- Which containment technologies will prevail and how will these shifts be responded to?
- How will political and regulatory factors influence the LNG carrier market?
- Will leading national LNG carrier markets broadly follow the macroeconomic dynamics, or will individual country sectors outperform the rest of the economy?
- Who are the leading LNG carrier shipbuilders and operators and what are their prospects over the forecast period?
How will you benefit from this report?
- Over 250 pages of analysis, including 143 tables and figures which provide the perfect accompaniment to high-end business presentations.
- Market forecasts by containment system and constructor country for 2016-2026
- Profiles of the leading LNG carrier shipbuilders and operators.
- In-depth interviews with an industry expert, who provides exclusive insights into LNG carrier developments across the world.
Five reasons why you must order and read this report today:
1. The report provides CAPEX forecasts (2016-2026), plus analysis, for four national LNG carrier constructor markets, providing unique insight into LNG industry development:
- South Korea
2. The report also offers CAPEX forecasts (2016-2026) for the four main containment systems in the LNG carrier market:
- GTT No 96
- T-Mark III and Mark Flex
3. In-depth analysis of the Small Scale LNG carrier market and forecast (2016-2026)
- Existing fleet and orders
- Operating areas
- Drivers and restraints
4. Profiles containing market share analysis, carrier orders and future outlook for the 7 leading LNG carrier shipbuilders and 8 leading LNG carrier operators
- Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME)
- Hudong Zhonghua
- Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) (including Hyundai Samho)
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI)
- STX Offshore and Shipbuilding (STX)
- China Shipping LNG
- GasLog Ltd
- Maran Gas Maritime Inc. (MGM)
- Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL)
- Misc Berhad (Misc)
- Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha (NYK)
- Teekay Corporation
- Yamal LNG
5. Tables detailing all existing and scrapped LNG carriers, as well as the full order book of upcoming carriers:
- Ship Name
- Year Built
- Containment System
- Expected Delivery Date
- Containment System
Who should read this report?
- Anyone within the global LNG Carrier industry
- Business development managers
- Project and site managers
- Government agencies
- Environmental Engineers/Technicians
Don't miss out
This report is essential reading for you or anyone in the global LNG carrier market. Purchasing this report today will help you to recognise those important market opportunities and understand the possibilities there. Order the Global LNG Carrier Market 2016-2026 report now. We look forward to receiving your order.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3506389/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/liquefied-natural-gas-lng-carrier-market-report-2016-2026-capex-forecasts-by-containment-system--constructor-country-global-fleet--order-book-analysis-and-shipbuilder--operator-company-profiles-300240695.html