LONDON, April 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Locayta, one of the leading providers of site search and merchandising technologies, has integrated its enterprise-level search engine (Locayta Search) into a notes application for the iOS platform.
Locayta Notes is a free note taking app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch users with embedded full text search of all notes (using Locayta Search Mobile*).
Version 2.0 delivers greater functionality with the addition of Dropbox syncing of notes. Users can synch their notes across all their iOS-based devices and computers using their Dropbox account.
Locayta Notes also includes improved search results presentation, by showing context snippets of matching notes as well as the ability to quick jump to terms in a document that matched the search query.
- Instantly search the content of all notes using Locayta's embedded full text search engine, Locayta Search Mobile* includes smart search features such as automatic spell correction, synonyms, stemming and context snippets.
- Dropbox syncing to automatically sync notes between all your iPads, iPhones and computers.
- Customise the text colour, size & font per note. Change the default text style.
- Full support for printing notes with AirPrint (iOS 4.2+).
- Full iOS 4.0 multitasking. Search index updates and Dropbox syncing tasks will complete in the background if the app is closed.
- Share notes via email without leaving the app.
- Universal app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Free and ad-free!
Andre Brown, Locayta CEO states, "By offering our enterprise search solution and combining it with a notes application, iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch users now have an efficient, convenient, end-to-end solution available to them, enabling them to create, search and sync their documents quickly and easily. Locayta Notes is an ideal solution for people on the go who need to receive fast and accurate results when searching data. At present, there is no existing application for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch that offers an enterprise search solution bundled with a sync enabled notes application, which positions Locayta Notes as a highly desirable app... and best of all- its free".
Locayta Notes is available free for download from the Apple App store: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/locayta-notes/id393819477?mt=8
* Locayta Search Mobile is a port of Locayta's Enterprise level full text search engine library for the iOS platform. The core library is pure C & C++ with a higher level Objective-C API wrapped around it. The SDK provides a static library in a Framework bundle so that iPhone & iPad apps can provide fast local full text search.
The search engine provides full text search using a probabilistic model of document terms, along with clever features to improve search success such as automatic spell correction (based on trigram analysis of terms), word stemming and synonyms.
For more information please visit: http://www.locayta.com.
Locayta is one of the leading online merchandising and onsite search solution providers, serving more than one hundred customers in the USA, Europe and Asia. Locayta enables eCommerce businesses to take total control over their online sales performance with the most advanced behavioural and search driven merchandising technology available, Locayta ESP TM. Locayta ESP is a highly configurable, real-time merchandising platform that is easy to integrate with eCommerce sites.
Uniquely, Locayta ESP covers the complete range of merchandising disciplines on a single platform, providing a dynamic, robust and scalable merchandising solution that delivers increased online revenue and reduced costs. Locayta has offices in the UK and the USA. http://www.locayta.com
For more information contact: Andre Brown Locayta [email protected] +44(0)20-3100-3621 Heather Dawson Locayta [email protected]