NEW YORK, April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- One of a CIO's toughest tasks is making business and IT work together, effectively combatting "shadow IT" – that instance in which line of business managers find their own technology solutions to business problems outside of the IT department – and outside its control. According to Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com), CIOs must work with business unit managers to align the company's business and IT goals with a clearly defined strategy and delivery model optimized for the IT staff and its business users alike. An IT Service Management (ITSM) strategy is the mortar that pulls this all together, a key message Logicalis US will deliver from its booth (No. 133) at next week's ServiceNow Knowledge14 conference in San Francisco.
"Our theme at this year's conference will be 'Bending the Platform,'" says Mike Alley, director of IT Service Management (ITSM) for Logicalis US. "This refers to applying the functions of the ServiceNow platform that are typically reserved for IT to meet line-of-business requirements. A perfect example is a solution Logicalis designed and developed in the ServiceNow platform for a large manufacturer. The company needed a way to track supply chain process issues and resolutions, an out-of-the-box business problem that was solved with a customized ServiceNow implementation."
12 Ways an ITSM Strategy Can Change Your Business
An ITSM strategy implemented in a fully integrated platform like ServiceNow can transform IT. To illustrate its effectiveness, Logicalis US has listed a dozen ways a carefully planned and executed ITSM strategy can help CIOs eradicate shadow IT and deliver better business benefits throughout their organizations.
- ITSM transforms the IT service model to support and manage business unit and customer service transactions.
- It provides for a more cost-effective development of business applications and services supported within a single architecture and data model.
- A well-executed ITSM strategy creates a standard, consumer-like service experience for shared services across the enterprise.
- It provides scalability to meet business' evolving needs by predicting and allocating resources and capacity.
- ITSM consolidates data for improved, more accurate decision making.
- It enables IT to be a value-added business partner rather than a cost center.
- An ITSM strategy enables more efficient and effective business and IT solutions.
- It standardizes and automates processes across the enterprise.
- The right ITSM strategy offers companies a more efficient, more cost effective use of existing and future technology resources.
- It can support and drive enterprise expansion through new product introductions or acquisitions.
- IT service management provides a more granular view of costs – of both technology and people.
- ITSM provides a single pane of glass for IT and line of business managers to be able to see how their environment is functioning.
- Read a case study describing a single-pane-of-glass "best practices" ITSM implementation here: http://www.ict-log.us/vP0wH.
Want to Learn More?
- How can CIOs better manage their IT services with ITSM? Find out here: http://www.ict-log.us/vP0FJ, and learn more about Logicalis' relationship with ServiceNow here: http://www.ict-log.us/vP0Oy.
- Read a Logicalis article, "Five Reasons ITSM Must Be Part of Every Cloud Strategy," here: http://www.ict-log.us/vP0VQ.
- Is your organization ready for ITSM? Take Logicalis' 11-step quiz to find out: http://www.ict-log.us/vP11s.
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration; data center and cloud services; and managed services.
Logicalis employs nearly 3,500 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex ICT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, CA Technologies, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of approximately $1.5 billion from operations in Europe, North America, South America and Asia Pacific and is fast establishing itself as one of the leading IT and Communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of over $5 billion.
For more information, visit www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
SOURCE Logicalis US