NEW YORK, April 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Logo, the entertainment network for gays, lesbians and their families and friends announced today the nominees for the 2010 "NewNowNext Awards." Now in its third year, this influential awards show will not look at the year that passed, but will instead focus on what is up-and-coming in popular culture in 2010 and beyond. To that end, the "NewNowNext Awards" gathers icons and stars-on-the-rise to crown the next "big things" in TV, music, film, print and new media long before they hit the mainstream. Starting Today, April, 15 visitors to NewNowNext.com can review the nominees and vote for their favorites.
Nominees for the "NewNowNext Awards" were chosen by the "NewNowNext Academy" – a mix of tastemakers from TV, film, music, print and new media. The resulting categories spotlight outrageous distinctions such as; "OMFG Internet Award" and "Cause You're Hot" along with the more traditional titles of "Brink of Fame Actor/Actress/Comic/Music Artist" and "Best New Indulgence." A full list of nominees for the categories is below.
Winners will be revealed Thursday, June 17th at 10/9C, on Logo's "NewNowNext Awards" 2010 show. The 90-minute special will be taped in front of a live audience of today's hottest emerging and seasoned artists at the retro-glam Edison Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles on June 8th. Performers, presenters and special guests will be announced as they are confirmed.
Through its past discoveries, the "NewNowNext Awards" has proven it's one step ahead of the hype by calling out some of today's hottest pop culture phenomenon long before they were on the mainstream radar. Highlights include Lady Gaga's first ever televised performance with a sizzling rendition of "Just Dance." Hit drama series "True Blood" received the "Best Show You're Not Watching" award months before its Emmy© nominations. Wendy Williams won "Best New Indulgence" before her daytime talk show "The Wendy Williams Show" went national. Leona Lewis received "The Kylie Award: Next International Crossover" as she was just emerging onto the U.S. music scene with her hit "Bleeding Love" and now she is a household name.
The "NewNowNext Awards" builds on Logo's acclaimed NewNowNext franchise, which includes LogoTV.com's pop culture blog NewNowNext.com and two on-air music shows: "NewNowNext PopLab," the home for party music in all its forms, and "NewNowNext Music," the ultimate music video destination of today's hottest artists and emerging musicians.
"NewNowNext Awards" is Executive Produced by Christopher Willey and Dave Mace for Logo. Michael Dempsey of Dempsey Productions serves as Executive Producer and Director.
For more information, visit NewNowNext.com.
Logo is the world's leading ad-supported cable, satellite, online, mobile and digital entertainment network from MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B) for gays and lesbians, their families and friends. Launched in 2005, Logo's cable channel is in more than 46 million homes across the United States and is complemented by a federation of online properties, including LogoTV.com, TripOutGayTravel.com, AfterEllen.com, AfterElton.com, 365Gay.com, DowneLink.com and NewNowNext.com. Logo's content is distributed across all leading download-to-own, streaming and mobile services. The most influential brand for the most influential audience, Logo provides a mix of original and acquired entertainment as well as news, social networking and community building that are authentic, smart, fun, entertaining, and inclusive. Logo joins MTV Networks' roster of popular and highly targeted brands which include MTV, Comedy Central, VH1 and Spike TV.
Nominees For The 3rd Annual "NewNowNext Awards" 2010:
Brink of Fame: Actor
- Morena Baccarin ("V", ABC)
- Liam Hemsworth (The Last Song)
- Mark Indelicato ("Ugly Betty", ABC)
- Lea Michele ("Glee", FOX)
- Alexander Skarsgard ("True Blood", HBO)
- Paul Wesley ("The Vampire Diaries", CW)
OMFG Internet Award
- Chatroulette (chatroulette.com)
- Jessica & Hunter (http://bit.ly/dkzQ64)
- Lesbians Who Look Like Justin Bieber (http://lesbianswholooklikejustinbieber.tumblr.com/)
- shitmydadsays on Twitter (twitter.com/shitmydadsays)
- Very Mary-Kate (verymarykate.com)
Best Show You're Not Watching
- "Archer" (FX)
- "Kirstie Alley's Big Life" (A&E)
- "Let's Talk About Pep" (VH1)
- "Nurse Jackie" (Showtime)
- "United States of Tara" (Showtime)
Best New Indulgence
- "Hoarders" (A&E)
- "Jersey Shore" (MTV)
- "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" (Starz)
- The Split, "RuPaul's Drag Race" (Logo)
Most Addictive Reality Star
- Jujubee, "RuPaul's Drag Race" (Logo)
- Khloe Kardashian, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" (E!)
- Andrew Mukamal, "Kell on Earth" (Bravo)
- Snooki, "Jersey Shore" (MTV)
- Johnny Weir, "Be Good Johnny Weir" (Sundance)
Cause You're Hot
- Matthew Bomer ("White Collar", USA)
- Scott Fujita (Linebacker, Cleveland Browns)
- Kellan Lutz (The Twilight Saga)
- Jesus Luz (Madonna's boyfriend)
- Zoe Saldana (Avatar)
- Betty White (The Golden Girls)
Best Future Feature
- Burlesque (Screen Gems)
- Eat, Pray, Love (Sony)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Warner Brothers)
- The Kids Are All Right (Focus)
- Salt (Sony)
Brink of Fame: Music Artist
- La Roux
- Little Boots
- Passion Pit
- The xx
- VV Brown
Brink of Fame: Comic
- Aziz Ansari ("Parks and Recreation")
- Michelle Collins ("Best Week Ever")
- Liz Feldman
- Maulik Pancholy ("30 Rock")
- Amy Phillips