LADERA RANCH, Calif., July 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- If you want to sell your home quickly and get top dollar for it, below are some tips from Fizber.com, a company that provides homeowners with the resources that they need to market and sell their home themselves, on things that you can do to greatly improve your chances:
- Maximize Your Home's Curb Appeal – The first thing potential buyers see is the outside of your home, so make sure that first impression counts! Trim bushes and shrubs, mend broken fences, sweep your front walk, and roll trash containers out of sight. In addition, clean dirty surfaces such as windows, fences, siding, brick, etc., by power washing them. Also, plant some flowers that complement your home and apply a fresh layer of mulch to your garden beds.
- Clean Your House and Make Any Needed Repairs – Remove clutter and box up any unnecessary or valuable household items and put them into storage. Not only will this create the illusion that there's more space in your home, but it will also help keep your valuables safe. Moreover, get rid of any funky odors in your home and make any necessary repairs.
- Tone Down Bold Colors – Bold or obnoxious colors can be a huge turn off to prospective buyers. Paint over them with a neutral color instead. That way, when potential buyers walk into your home they will focus on all that your house has to offer them vs. all the time and money that it will take to change the paint color.
- Stage Your Furniture – Arrange any existing furniture in your home so that it complements whatever room it is in. Sometimes just moving a piece of furniture from one room to another can make a huge difference. Then, once you're done, add some colorful accessories such as throw pillows, candles, flowers, table lamps, etc.
- Make Simple Upgrades – You don't have to spend a lot of money, but making simple upgrades to modernize your home (such as upgrading your kitchen appliances to stainless steel, replacing any worn out carpet or flooring, painting your kitchen cabinets and updating the hardware, etc.) can go a long way with potential buyers—and ultimately, increase the amount that they're willing to pay for it.
For more tips, visit: www.fizber.com
Fizber, Inc. (Fizber.com) is the leading self-directed residential real estate marketplace. For sale by owner (FSBO) home sellers are given an online platform complete with comprehensive tools, step-by-step guidance, and a customized real estate marketing system. Fizber provides home sellers with the knowledge and confidence to professionally market, showcase, and sell their home or property directly to buyers in today's online and mobile world. A single for sale by owner listing on Fizber achieves maximum online exposure by being streamed to hundreds of real estate websites and major social networks. For more information, visit Fizber.com.
Fizber Media Contact:
SOURCE Fizber, Inc.