LPL Financial Congratulates Advisors Included in Barron's 'Top 1000 Advisors in America'
Mar 01, 2010, 09:00 ET
BOSTON, March 1 /PRNewswire/ -- LPL Financial Corporation ("LPL Financial"), the nation's largest independent broker-dealer*, congratulated 31 independent advisors affiliated with LPL Financial who were recently named among the "Top 1000 Financial Advisors in America" by Barron's magazine, a leading financial magazine. In this prestigious ranking, LPL Financial ranked fifth out of ten companies in the number of advisors included in the ranking, and fifth in the number of advisors who were ranked number 1 in their state.
According to Barron's, the "Top 1000 Financial Advisors in America" was based on data provided by over 4,000 financial advisors across the United States, and considered advisors' assets under management and revenues as well as the quality of their practice and involvement in charitable and philanthropic endeavors. The ranking encompasses only a select group of financial advisors, and highlights the most prominent men and women in the financial advisor industry.
"It is with enormous pleasure that we congratulate the 31 advisors included in this prestigious ranking for being among the best and brightest minds in our industry," said Bill Dwyer, President of National Sales and Marketing for LPL Financial. "They have established themselves as trusted counselors to their clients and trusted leaders in their communities, and we are proud to serve as an enabling partner to each of them. Equally important, we believe the significant representation of advisors affiliated with our company on this ranking will continue to grow. We remain focused on using our industry-leading scale to deliver the widest possible array of tools, support and high-touch services to independent advisors, allowing them to successfully expand their practices and best serve their clients and communities."
Advisors affiliated with LPL Financial that were named to the Barron's "Top 1000 Financial Advisors in America" include:
- Garrett "Andrew" Ahrens, Ahrens Investment Partners, $410 million AUM, Lafayette, La., #2 in Louisiana
- Michael Boone, MWBoone and Associates LLC, $1.2 billion AUM, Bellevue, Wash., #18 in Washington
- Steve Booren, Capital Consulting, $460 million AUM, Greenwood Village, Colo., #10 in Colorado
- Mark R. Brown, Brown & Tedstrom Inc., $373 million AUM, Denver, Colo., #6 in Colorado
- Kerrick Bubb, LPL Financial Services, $375 million AUM, Redlands, Calif., #77 in California
- Kelly Campbell, Campbell Wealth Management, $220 million AUM, Fairfax, Va., #20 in Virginia
- Ron Carson, Carson Wealth Management Group, $2.4 billion AUM, Omaha, Neb., #1 in Nebraska
- Russell Cesari, Northwest Financial LLC, $275 million AUM, Herndon, Va., #14 in Virginia
- James Cox, LPL Financial Services, $384 million AUM, Colonial Heights, Va., #12 in Virginia
- Deborah Danielson, Danielson Financial, $391 million AUM, Las Vegas, Nev., #3 in Nevada
- Todd Feltz, Feltz WealthPLAN, $630 million AUM, Omaha, Neb., #2 in Nebraska
- Robert Fragasso, Fragasso Financial Advisors, $589 million AUM, Pittsburgh, Pa., #6 in Pennsylvania
- Michael Gilbert, Gilbert Advanced Asset Management, $410 million AUM, Johnson City, Tenn., #1 in Tennessee
- Bruce Helmer, Wealth Enhancement Group, $2.1 billion AUM, Chaska, Minn., #14 in Minnesota
- David Hess, Wealth Enhancement Group, $2.2 billion AUM, Plymouth, Minn., #8 in Minnesota
- Susan Kaplan, Kaplan Financial Services, $800 million AUM, Newton, Mass., #4 in Massachusetts
- Eric Lee, KT Investment Advisors LLC, $120 million AUM, Rapid City, S.D., #4 in South Dakota
- Bennett Marks, Marks Group Wealth Management, $300 million AUM, Minnetonka, Minn., #19 in Minnesota
- Laila Marshall-Pence, Pence Wealth Management, $550 million AUM, Newport Beach, Calif., #63 in California
- David Nelson, LPL Financial Services, $320 million AUM, Clinton, Iowa, #4 in Iowa
- Raymond Noel, LPL Financial Services, $210 million AUM, Nashua, N.H., #5 in New Hampshire
- Dan Pinkerton, Pinkerton Retirement Specialists LLC, $251 million AUM, Coeur diAlene, Idaho, #1 in Idaho
- Mark Schupbach, CPF Texas, $187 million AUM, Plano, Texas, #72 in Texas
- Kay Shirley, Financial Development Corp, $587 million AUM, Atlanta, Ga. , #14 in Georgia
- Bill Stevens, Stevens Foster Financial Advisors, $665 million AUM, Bloomington, Minn., #2 in Minnesota
- Jeffrey Vincent, LPL Financial Services, $170 million AUM, Riverton, Wyo., #2 in Wyoming
- John Waldron, Waldron Wealth Management, $2 billion AUM, Pittsburgh, Pa., #1 in Pennsylvania
- Stephen Wedel, Four Seasons Wealth Management, $205 million AUM, St. Louis, Mo., #11 in Missouri
- Roy Williams, Prestige Wealth Management Group, $485 million AUM, Pennington, N.J., #32 in New Jersey
- Mark Winthrop, Winthrop Wealth Management, $765 million AUM, Westborough, Mass., #22 in Massachusetts
- Charles Zhang, Zhang Financial, $1.1 billion AUM, Portage, Mich., #2 in Michigan
About LPL Financial
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and largest independent broker-dealer (based on total revenues as reported in Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2009). Headquartered in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego, LPL Financial and its affiliates offer industry-leading technology, training, service, and unbiased research to 11,950 financial advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and approximately 3,700 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. LPL Financial has $279.4 billion in advisory and brokerage assets as of December 31, 2009.
LPL Financial and its 2,400 employees serve financial advisors through Independent Advisor Services, supporting financial advisors at all career stages; Institution Services, focusing on the needs of advisors and program managers in banks and credit unions; and Custom Clearing Services, working with broker-dealers at leading financial services companies.
* Based on total revenues, Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2009
SOURCE LPL Financial Corporation
Share this article