NEW YORK, June 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In the early 1900s, Morris and Minnie Slavin opened a small fish store in Brooklyn, New York, in order to support their growing family. As soon as their sons Herb, Jack and Barry were old enough, they joined their parents in what was the beginning of the Slavin fish empire. A lot of hard work and self-sacrificing during the early years went into the building of the multi-faceted company that it is today. As direct receivers, processors, and distributors of fresh and frozen fish for over 100 years, M. Slavin & Sons has grown to be one of New York's oldest and largest seafood vendors serving the Tri-State area. Now part of the New Fulton Fish Market -- the $86 million dollar state-of-the-art facility in the Bronx, dubbed "The New York Stock Exchange of Seafood" -- M. Slavin & Sons continues to provide the freshest fish at competitive prices.
What sets Slavin aside from the competition is:
- Custom cutting by skilled fillet men to meet individual specifications
- Direct receivers of fresh fish daily
- Wholesale distribution world-wide
- Exclusive agreements with numerous fishing vessels to provide the customer with a constant flow of fresh fish year-round
- Extensive buying power and expertise insures the availability of the highest quality products
- Their own fleet of refrigerated trucks delivering to the Tri-State area
- Daily domestic and international shipping
Whether it be fresh fish, fresh shellfish, frozen shrimp, live lobsters, frozen lobster and crab meat, squid, smoked fish, caviar and specialty items, canned fish, dry goods and salads, M. Slavin & Sons services wholesalers, seafood retailers, supermarkets, discerning restaurateurs, and customers from around the country, providing the experience of the freshest fish in the world!
The M. Slavin & Sons motto -- "Eat fish, live longer"!
Contact Joe Calderone @ CPR 212-832-9809 or 917-952-6436 [email protected]
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE M. Slavin & Sons