NASHUA, N.H., April 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- M2 Technologies today announced it's offering the 2012 manufacturing software portfolio from Autodesk, Inc., a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software, including the new Autodesk Product Design Suite that makes design, visualization and simulation software easier to adopt, use and maintain.
The complete Autodesk Digital Prototyping software portfolio helps manufacturers to design and build better, more sustainable products, reduce development costs and get to market faster. "The new Autodesk products, paired with our team of experts, create a powerful partnership and in turn, increase the overall value of offerings to our clients," says Matthew Burke, Principal of M2 Technologies. "The 2012 product line consists of valuable tools that will help our customers more efficiently and productively solve their design challenges."
"Our customers need to create remarkable products and bring them to market faster than the competition," said Carl White, director of Digital Design products, Manufacturing Industry at Autodesk. "The power, accessibility and value of the new Autodesk suites including the Product Design Suite and Factory Design Suite make it easier for manufacturers to adopt Digital Prototyping workflows to achieve this goal."
New Autodesk Suites Deliver Digital Prototyping for Unbeatable Design Innovation and Quality
Autodesk Product Design Suite is a new, comprehensive and cost-effective design solution for creating compelling products. Containing Autodesk's leading design, visualization and simulation software for manufacturers, the new suite provides flexibility to innovate and more easily respond to changing business requirements from early concepts to detailed engineering and simulation. Autodesk Product Design Suite also provides significant cost savings and is easier to deploy, maintain and manage than stand-alone products.* Autodesk offers three editions of the Product Design Suite:
- Product Design Suite Standard - Foundational product design tools for conceptual design, intuitive 3D surface and solid modeling, drafting and presentations, featuring AutoCAD Mechanical with Inventor Fusion, Autodesk Showcase, Autodesk SketchBook Designer, Autodesk Vault and Autodesk Mudbox software.
- Product Design Suite Premium - Optimized Digital Prototyping and visualization tools for maximum performance that features Standard edition tools along with Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk 3ds Max Design software.
- Product Design Suite Ultimate - Advanced surfacing, simulation and tooling for unbeatable design quality, featuring the same tools as the Premium edition along with Autodesk Inventor Professional and Autodesk Alias Design software.
Launched in 2010 and updated this year, Autodesk Factory Design Suite 2012 is a factory layout and optimization solution that helps manufacturers make better layout decisions through the creation of a digital factory model, helping save time and money. It offers unique factory specific functionality in both AutoCAD Architecture and Autodesk Inventor, combined with Autodesk Navisworks' powerful visualization and analysis and Autodesk Vault to improve collaboration. New additions to the suite in 2012 include AutoCAD Mechanical for automating mechanical CAD tasks and 3ds Max Design and Showcase for enhancing communication and bids.
M2 Technologies will be offering the new versions of the following Autodesk products:
- AutoCAD Electrical 2012 software expands its support for international standards and now allows electrical controls designers to view, edit and share their DWG files on web browsers or mobile devices through AutoCAD WS .
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 software now enables editing 3D models from any source with Inventor Fusion and intelligent drawing view creation with a new model documentation feature. Also new is mobile and web viewing and editing through AutoCAD WS, so mechanical engineers can spend more time innovating.
- Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2012 visualization software enables you to demonstrate the operation of designs in real-world settings, providing seamless aggregation of CAD data and transforming digital prototypes into high-quality visuals with "push-button" rendering, cinematic-quality animation and effects and an extensive material and texture library.
- Autodesk Alias 2012 products ― Alias Design, Alias Surface and Alias Automotive software ― make it easier to create accurate 3D models with Class-A surfaces and feature improvements to the technical surfacing process with modeling tools that are dramatically easier to use.
- Autodesk Inventor 2012 software provides easier ways to interact with 3D mechanical design data; new opportunities for sharing, accepting and updating CAD data regardless of source and complexity; and high-impact performance and productivity improvements for both users and IT departments.
- Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2012 software makes it easy to create highly visual and interactive assembly instructions, operating procedures and technical documentation from 2D and 3D CAD data. Users can publish interactive, 3D instructions in multiple formats directly to iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch mobile devices.
- Autodesk Moldflow 2012 software introduces new real-time injection-molding simulation functionality, enabling dynamic evaluation of a range of plastic part design alternatives in a fraction of the time it takes to perform a standard simulation, helping to pinpoint the best design more quickly.
- Autodesk Showcase 2012 visualization software is a key element of the Product Design Suite, transforming CAD data into compelling imagery, movies, and interactive presentations to improve the design review process, secure internal buy-in and win competitive bids.
- Autodesk Simulation 2012 software, previously known as Autodesk Algor Simulation, offers an all-new user interface as well as Autodesk Vault integration, introducing new revision management capabilities for easier management of design and engineering information.
- Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2012 software provides digital sketching and illustration to enhance the creative process. Design professionals can export vector artwork from SketchBook Designer and bring it into Alias as curve data, transforming 2D concept sketches directly into 3D product designs.
- Autodesk Vault 2012 product data management software gives workgroups across multiple locations more control over engineering data and documents from design through manufacturing, expanding its integration to additional Autodesk applications, including Navisworks, Inventor Publisher and Autodesk Simulation.
Learn more about the 2012 products at www.m2t.com or by calling 877.311.6284.
* Value represents total Manufacturer Retail Price (MSRP) of most closely matched products, as licensed for stand-alone use. Applicable design suites are licensed for installation and use of each component by one user to deliver additional workflow and functionality value as compared to the stand-alone individual products.
About M2 Technologies
M2 Technologies, Inc. is a manufacturing technology firm specializing in the delivery of advanced manufacturing design solutions from Autodesk, Edgecam, and other select providers. The company helps clients design, build, implement and maintain their design automation solutions. M2 is an Autodesk Premier Solutions Provider and one of the largest volume sales organizations in the United States for the Autodesk Manufacturing Solutions Division. www.m2t.com
Autodesk, AutoCAD, Algor, Alias, Autodesk Inventor, DWG, Inventor, Moldflow, Mudbox, Navisworks, SketchBook, Showcase and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders.
Contact: Kristin Harris
Director of Marketing
SOURCE M2 Technologies, Inc.