LOS ANGELES, Nov. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Machinima, the first global Many2Many programming service focused on fandom and gamer culture, is rolling out an all-new brand identity that will place a renewed focus on its vast and gifted talent network and original programming capabilities. Machinima, which boasts one of the largest and most targeted Millennial audiences in the entertainment industry is unveiling:
- "Heroes Rise"- a bold, new tagline, logo and network ID that reflects the passion and aspiration of Machinima's audience and talent;
- Level Up Talent Program that defines the scope of services creators can receive by joining Machinima's talent network;
- A state-of-the-art technology platform to help Machinima talent manage their social video businesses;
- New Machinima.com Site – focused on serving and supporting current and potential talent network members and advertisers;
- Legion – Machinima's proprietary research panel made up of 10,000 U.S. viewers.
"Machinima needed a brand identity that reflects our position as the most notorious purveyors and cultivators of fandom and gamer culture and is worthy of the passion and aspirations of our Millennial audience and creators," said Machinima CEO Chad Gutstein. "We have spent the past seven months building out the team, tools, and programming capabilities, enabling us to truly super serve our talent network and bring forth the programming our audience craves. We want the world to know that Machinima is where Heroes Rise."
All the metrics are clear - Machinima is the place to reach Millennials thru the prism of fandom and gamer culture:
- Worldwide, Machinima boasts over 400 million subscribers, three billion monthly views and nearly 17 billion minutes of watch time.
- In the United States, Machinima is one of the five largest YouTube programmers based on both reach and engagement.
- Machinima is the #1 YouTube network in audience composition* for Adults 18-34 and 18-49 and Men 18-34 and 18-49 and reaches 1 in 5 of all U.S. men 18-34.
- Compared to cable TV, Machinima's nine million monthly unique views among 13-34 year old males outrank and/or compare favorably to networks that target similar demographics.
The major elements of the rebrand include the following:
New Logo and Tagline: Heroes Rise
The new logo and tagline -"Heroes Rise" - are consistent with Machinima's mission to be the most notorious purveyors and cultivators of fandom and gamer culture. 'Heroes Rise' speaks to the irreverent, tenacious, fearless, mischievous, rebellious, and twisted nature of Machinima programming. Machinima's new network ID can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rwQpkNw1rc.
Level UP Talent Program
Machinima is focused on incorporating its talent into its overall programming initiatives and helping Talent Network members 'level up' and become better programmers, growing their viewership and their brands. To accomplish this, Machinima has implemented a new Level UP system, which defines the support and service levels talent will receive, including:
- M-Black: An invite-only level created to support Machinima's largest content partners, M-Black members receive one-on-one support from an assigned member of Machinima's Talent Relations staff, access to Machinima's content development and production team, brand activation opportunities, special events, and all services provided to other Machinima levels.
- M-Red: Designed for talent that has established a solid following and has demonstrated a strong potential to grow, this invite-only level will offer premium support, advanced analytics and online tools, programming training and brand activation opportunities.
- M-White: For fresh talent that delivers unique content and has the potential to grow, this entry level offers basic support, analytics and access to DIY tools.
'Console' Talent Management System
Machinima is launching a state-of-the-art talent management talent system, dubbed 'Console', that will be available to all Talent Network members. Console makes available a wide array of tools and information - ranging from earnings reports, social tools, in-depth analytics, support, and for those who qualify, even access to brand activation opportunities.
No longer a sterile corporate placeholder, Machinima.com now serves as a valuable resource for creators and advertisers seeking to 'enlist' in the hero's journey. The site promotes the tools and benefits of partnering with Machinima through easy and clear navigation along with direct access to key features including the talent console.
Machinima Legion Viewer Panel
Machinima Legion is a fully managed research panel comprising 10K Machinima viewers. It will allow Machinima and its brand partners to connect, listen and engage with its viewers and have a deeper understanding of their preferences over time with continually tracked responses and profile data. Machinima advertisers will be able to tap into the panel for information including brand lift surveys.
Machinima is the most notorious purveyor and cultivator of fandom and gamer culture. The FIRST! Many2Many programing service (M2M), we create, curate and celebrate the best fandom and gamer content across multiple video platforms. As one of the largest online video platforms in the world, Machinima programs to a community passionate about video games, animation, movies, TV, and the other endless forms of pop culture. With a focus on scripted, topical and gaming programing, and a talent network of 31,000+ programmers, Machinima reaches over 150M unique viewers each month.
 Source: comScore audience composition; August & September 2014.
* Compared to the top five networks on YouTube