EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Oct. 22 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- PJTV's Tea Party TV today unveiled the results of their weekly Tea Party poll, which discovered that 53 percent of respondents believe the U.S. Supreme Court should address the constitutionality of Obamacare.
"The health reform bill has been at the helm of most debates this election cycle," said Vik Rubenfeld, PJTV's Polling Director. "Our nationwide survey shows that 53 percent of likely voters believe health reform's constitutionality needs to be addressed by the nation's highest court. It is interesting to find that nearly one in three Democrats feel the same way."
The weekly PJTV/Pulse Opinion Research nationwide survey of 1,000 likely voters tracks Tea Party support as well as provides a snapshot of public opinion regarding the week's top issues. In addition to the findings above, the telephone survey asked respondents if they believe the federal budget should be cut. The results revealed that 23 percent of likely voters believe no budget cuts are necessary, while 57 percent reported cuts should be made and 20 percent were unsure.
- 53 percent of likely voters believe the Supreme Court should address the constitutionality of Obamacare. 28 percent of Democrats who are likely voters also believe the Supreme Court should become involved.
- 23 percent of likely voters reported they believe the federal annual budget should not be cut. 57 percent of respondents believed cuts were necessary.
- 40 percent of Democrats who are likely voters do not believe the annual federal budget should be cut. 73 percent of Republican respondents believe it should be.
- 50 percent of respondents are more likely to vote for a Tea Party candidate. 55 percent of likely voters support the Tea Party.
Full crosstabs are available to PJTV subscribers.
The Tea Party Tracking Study is a PJTV survey. The telephone survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted by Pulse Opinion Research on October 10, 2010. Pulse Opinion Research, LLC is an independent public opinion research firm using automated polling methodology and procedures licensed from Rasmussen Reports, LLC. Margin of Sampling Error, +/-3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.
About Pajamas Media and PJTV
Pajamasmedia.com, a division of Pajamas Media, receives more than 16 million page views per month. Launched in 2005, it provides commentary and analysis in text, video and podcast form created by correspondents in more than 40 countries. Its blogs cover politics, government, culture, the economy and finance, national security, the Middle East, media, and education, as well as breaking news and current events.
PJTV, a division of Pajamas Media, is the first center-right online television network, providing commentary and analysis via video over the Internet. PJTV's video segments cover politics, government, culture, the economy and finance, national security, the Middle East, media, and education. PJTV's main studio is located in El Segundo, CA, with remote studio locations in midtown Manhattan in New York City, blocks from the White House in Washington, D.C., and web cam locations around the world.
Contact: Tom Kise
(703) 535-3390 or [email protected]