CHICAGO, March 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Developed by inventor Besjon Alivandi and represented by ICAP Ocean Tomo, the assets of this portfolio relate to the world of online gaming and disclose a system and method for generating customized merchandise based on a game player's online character. The patent portfolio will be available at ICAP Ocean Tomo's Spring 2011 Live IP Auction on March 31st in New York City.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent lot discloses the following:
- A technique for translating characteristics of an online game player's character into another medium or format.
- A system for generating customized merchandise based upon a game player's character within a virtual environment.
- The system is comprised of an interface configured to receive one or more data elements from a data set containing a character's attributes.
- A processor then translates the data element(s) into merchandise characteristics, resulting in the manufacture of merchandise aligned with the virtual game player's character such as: sculptures, dolls/action figures, toys, trophies/medals, posters/cards, comic books, and clothing.
- Pending patent applications (domestic and international) cover the translation of the character into electronic forms such as: websites, movies/animations, games, gamer "cards", and avatars.
- This lot has been cited by industry players such as Xerox and Hero.
This lot should be of interest to entities involved in computer, social, and console online gaming.
- Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOs), such as World of Warcraft, NeoPets, ClubPenguin, Aion, and Runescape attract over 61 million players and $3 billion across US and Europe.(1)
- A report entitled "The World of MMORPG: a Tale of Two Regions" reveals that the MMORPG global market exceeded $5 billion in 2009 and was projected to reach $8 billion in 2010.(2)
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world's premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo