NEW YORK, Jan. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Dairy Food Sector in the UK
This report provides a concise overview of the Dairy Food market in the UK. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the UK Dairy Food sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The UK's population is aging and becoming increasingly health conscious, which creates an opportunity for more healthy Dairy Food product lines. Low Fat diets are increasing in the UK, which can impact the Cheese, Cream, and Butter categories due to their high fat content.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Changing age structures, busy lifestyles, and increasing health consciousness are among the key reasons behind recent market changes.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the UK Dairy Food sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across six Dairy Food categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
Analysis of consumer behaviour, economic conditions and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Dairy Food sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analysing the market dynamics of six Dairy Food categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands across Dairy Food categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the UK Dairy Food sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrison's account for 75.5% of the UK's Food market. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets will continue to constitute the largest share of retail space, followed by Convenience Stores and Food & Drink specialists. Tesco retained its position as the top retailer, followed by ASDA, Sainsbury's, and Morrison's.
The UK's eating habits are impacted by an aging population and a shift in consumer preferences towards nutritional and healthy eating.
Low fat, low calorie Dairy products are gaining popularity among young UK consumers. However, indulgent and premium dessert options are also popular, which indicates a wide variety of needs driving the desserts market, from those who prefer health conscious products to those who look for indulgent flavors.
The search for better value for money is helping private label products to grow across categories. Dairy Food products as a snack are growing, as Pudding/desserts, Cheese, and Yogurt explore the functional ingredient space with a variety of flavors.
Retailers will continue to challenge brands with price discounting, while offering quality private label products. Private label brands are also exploring the premium space while competing with national brands across all Dairy products.
Milk and Yogurt accounted for the majority of the total number of packs used in the UK's Dairy Food sector in 2012, driving the significant demand for Rigid Plastic packaging material.
Yogurt, Fromage Frais, and Cheese snacks are popular lunchbox products, with a strong health positioning.
Protein consumption is of growing importance in the overall Dairy Food market, as opposed to just for gym and sports enthusiasts.
- The UK's population is aging and becoming increasingly health conscious
- Food and Grocery growth will be concentrated in national chains
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets account for the largest share of sales in the UK Dairy Food market
- An aging population and consumer preferences towards nutritional and healthy eating trend impacting eating habits
- The older population is driving the consumption of Dairy Food in the UK
- Age is a key determinant of consumption frequency
- Better Value for Money is the most important consumer trend in Dairy Food market
- The search for value for money and healthy snacking products is driving the Dairy Food market in the UK
- Increasing innovation in Milk means new flavors and products designed for on-the-go consumption
- Indulgent flavors, demand for on-the-go snacking and healthy positioning are helping Yogurt products to grow fastest in the Dairy Food market in the UK
- Penetration levels, price dynamics and demand for indulgent products will impact category dynamics in the Dairy Sector
- Fluctuating exchange rates have added complexity to the UK's Dairy Food market
- Increasing prices are fuelling value growth in Dairy categories
- Milk continues to be the most important category by volume consumption
- Health and indulgence are creating two segments, one of consumers looking to satisfy their palates and others concerned about health
Brands and Private Labels
- Private Label brands are exploring new varieties in the Dairy Food sector
- The search for better value of money is helping Private Labels to grow quickly
- Key brands by category
- Milk and Yogurt's high volume share is creating demand for Rigid Plastic packaging
- Use of Rigid Plastic packaging is growing faster than use of Flexible packaging
Future outlook - key trends in UK's Dairy Food sector
- Dairy Foods are exploring the lunchbox market
- Cheese products can become regular snaking options
- Yogurt is increasingly positioned as a healthy snack option
- Protein Drinks are shifting positioning to have a broader appeal
Data Appendix and Summary Methodology
To order this report: Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Dairy Food Sector in the UK
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001