LONDON, Sept. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Rapid technological advancements in location-based services are driving the proximity marketing market"
The proximity marketing market is expected to be worth USD 52.46 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of 29.8% between 2016 and 2022. The current marketplace is expected to be driven by the heavy demand for personalized location-based services. The commercialization of personalized location-based services is on the rise. The combination of location-based data and existing personal data creates rich and contextualized user experiences. In addition, the increased use of beacons and growing availability of spatial data & analytical tools further propels the growth of this market.
"Robust demand for BLE beacons based proximity marketing during the forecast period"
The high growth rate of the BLE-based market is attributed to its applications in multi-channel marketing and in product distribution in the retail industry. Bluetooth beacon manufacturers are developing software apps for beacons and also manufacturing beacon devices. This high growth is also attributed to the high investments in the technology by APAC countries such as China, India, and South Korea.
"North America and APAC are the major markets for proximity marketing"
North America held the largest share of the proximity marketing market in 2015. North America being technologically advanced and developed is a leading market for the cutting edge technology which is used in the advertisement sector. It is one of the largest contributors to IoT in the retail market owing to the retail revolution in the region. The increasing smartphone penetration, availability of mobile Internet, increasing use of mobile applications and mobile web, and introduction of 4G network by the carriers are some of the factors driving the proximity marketing market in North America.
APAC is one of the potential markets for proximity marketing globally and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The rising adoption of smartphones and mobile Internet in APAC would make proximity marketing an ideal communication channel to reach maximum customers.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. The break-up of the profile of primary participants is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 34 %, Tier 2 – 20%, Tier 3 – 46%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives – 69%, Director Level – 19%, Others – 12%
- By Region: North America – 48%, Europe – 31%, APAC – 15%, RoW – 6%
Given the rising demand for Internet of Things (IoT), emergence of the cloud platform, high demand for mobile computing, and the trending social media, the proximity marketing market has a huge opportunity for expansion in the next five years.
The report profiles the key players in the proximity marketing market with their respective ranking analysis. The prominent players profiled in this report are Apple Inc. (U.S.), Google Inc. (U.S.), Microsoft Corporation (U.S.), Qualcomm Inc. (U.S.), Zebra Technologies Corporation (U.S.), Bluvision Inc. (U.S.), Estimote Inc. (U.S.), inMarket Media LLC (Italy), Proxama PLC (U.K.), ROXIMITY (U.S.), Shopkick Inc. (U.S.), Swirl Networks (U.S.), Unacast (U.S.), Foursquare Labs, Inc. (U.S.), and Scanbuy Inc. (U.S.).
Objective of the Study:
- To define, describe, and forecast the proximity marketing market, in terms of value, segmented on the basis of location, technology, software, services, and application
- To define, describe, and forecast the proximity marketing market, in terms of value and volume, segmented on the basis of hardware.
- To forecast the market size (in terms of value) for various segments with respect to four major regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW)
- To provide detailed information regarding the major factors influencing the growth of the proximity marketing market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges)
- To strategically analyze the micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and contribution to the total market
- To analyze opportunities in the market for various stakeholders by identifying the high-growth segments of the proximity marketing market
- To analyze the competitive environment prevailing in the market through the Porter's five forces analytical framework
- To strategically profile the key players in the market and comprehensively analyze their market share and core competencies along with detailing the competitive landscape
- To analyze strategic developments such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and R&D in the proximity marketing market
Key Target Audience
- Raw material and manufacturing equipment suppliers
- Semiconductor foundries
- Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) (end-user application or electronic product manufacturers)
- Smart device manufacturers and network providers
- ODM and OEM technology solution providers
- Mobile content developers and aggregators
- Mobile commerce and advertising companies
- Research organizations
- Technology standards organizations, forums, alliances, and associations
- Technology investors and venture capitalists
- Governments, financial institutions, and investment communities
- Analysts and strategic business planners
- End users
Scope of the Report:
The research report segments the proximity marketing market into the following submarkets:
- BLE Beacon
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- GPS Geofencing
- RFID Tags
- Content Management System
- Location Analytics
- Context Accelerator and Geofencing
- Consulting Services
- Deployment & Integration Services
- Application Support & Maintenance Services
- Retail & E-Commerce
o Media & Entertainment
- Sports & Events
o Transportation & Logistics
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI)
- Other Applications
- North America
o Rest of Europe
- Asia-Pacific (APAC)
o South Korea
o Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World (RoW)
o Middle East and Africa
o South America
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4169033/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/market-for-proximity-marketing-by-location-technology-hardware-software-service-application---global-forecast-to-2022-300335258.html