WASHINGTON and NEW YORK and LONDON, March 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- MarketResearch.com published a blog post highlighting the top four trends that will drive the food industry this year.
To learn more, visit our blog: http://hubs.ly/H02kVz80
The foodie movement has encouraged many food retailers and restaurants to think out of the box and move towards providing an experience and not just a meal. Foodies are searching for new and exciting products and experiences with an emphasis on trendy foods and ingredients. This blog covers the top trends that consumers are seeking in 2016.
The top four food trends discussed in the blog are:
- "Better for You" Snacking Reaches New Heights
- Asian Noodles Gain Ground
- Growing Interest in Plant Proteins and Natural/Organic Meats
- An Emphasis on Avoided Ingredients
The first trend discussed is snacking. Two-thirds of adults in the U.S. claim that they snack often. And for many adults and children, snacking throughout the day has replaced traditional large meals. Sales of salty snacks increased 3.5% in 2015, reaching $22 billion. Sweet baked goods and treats are also very popular, with 44% of snackers admitting to eating sweets.
The trends and statistics for this blog were pulled from reports by food and beverage industry expert Packaged Facts. Some of these reports include:
- Salty Snacks in the U.S., 4th Edition, http://www.marketresearch.com/Packaged-Facts-v768/Salty-Snacks-Edition-9847473/?progid=88462
- Asian Noodles: U.S. Market Trends and Opportunities, http://www.marketresearch.com/Packaged-Facts-v768/Asian-Noodles-Trends-Opportunities-9582041/?progid=88462
- Meat and Poultry: U.S. Retail Market Trends and Opportunities, http://www.marketresearch.com/Packaged-Facts-v768/Meat-Poultry-Trends-9498454/?progid=88462
- Food Formulation and Ingredient Trends: Plant Proteins, http://www.marketresearch.com/Packaged-Facts-v768/Food-Formulation-Ingredient-Trends-Plant-9820141/?progid=88462
- Gluten-Free Foods in the U.S., 5th Edition, http://www.marketresearch.com/Packaged-Facts-v768/Gluten-Free-Foods-Edition-8108350/?progid=88462
Packaged Facts reports are also available on www.profound.com, where subscribers are able to purchase the individual sections, chapters, tables, or charts of a report they need without having to pay for the pieces they don't.
MarketResearch.com is the leading provider of global market intelligence products and services. With research reports from more than 720 top consulting and advisory firms, MarketResearch.com offers instant online access to the world's most extensive database of expert insights on global industries, companies, products, and trends. Moreover, MarketResearch.com's Research Specialists have in-depth knowledge of the publishers and the various types of reports in their respective industries and are ready to provide research assistance.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/marketresearchcom-4-influential-food-trends-to-watch-in-2016-300233632.html