FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Oct. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on a survey conducted this year by Marshalls, a surprising 71% of women wished they were more confident. According to the research, the top occasions where women lack confidence in their lives include relationships, at work and in their social lives. To combat this for fall, Marshalls, one of the nation's leading off-price retailers, is helping women boost their confidence with the help of a buzzed about group of style, dating and career experts.
By arming women with confidence-boosting behavioral tips and guidance, actress & fashion enthusiast Emmanuelle Chriqui, renowned career expert Nicole Williams and dating expert Tracey Steinberg are collaborating with Marshalls to have women looking and feeling more confident in the areas where they need it most.
Confidence in the Spotlight
"I'm so excited to partner with Marshalls this fall in their mission to help women boost their confidence, as it's a topic I feel very strongly about," said Chriqui. "As an actress, it's important for me to exude confidence in nearly any situation and fashion is one of the ways I can help convey that. Stores like Marshalls are great because you can shop for the quality pieces that will make you look and feel your best." Additional confidence-boosting tips from Emmanuelle include:
- A key element of my personal style is being comfortable, focusing less on what's "in style" and more on how it makes me feel. My personal uniform is some combination of jeans, a tailored blazer, a t-shirt and boots. Marshalls is a great place to find these pieces all at prices that won't break the bank!
- I like to have fun on the red carpet whenever I can! Ultimately I'm going to feel my most confident when I'm taking risks and wearing something unique, like a fringed leather bag or a fun pair of designer shoes. It's also really important for me to go with someone whose company I enjoy and who makes me feel great about myself, so I always try and bring a date who's fun, easygoing and great company.
Confidence in the Workplace
According to career expert Nicole Williams, it's crucial to revisit your professional brand on a regular basis. "You have about 2.2 seconds to make an impression and in this competitive marketplace you need everything, including all of the confidence you can have, working in your favor," said Williams. "You can be the smartest girl in the room, but if you're sporting an ill-fitting suit, scuffed shoes and an overstuffed bag, you're not going to get the attention or credit you deserve." Additionally, she recommends:
- Just like our attitude, values and talents, our style plays into our professional brand. It's essential to choose quality clothing in colors that you associate with power and confidence, as what you're wearing will affect your attitude and how you carry yourself. With 82% of women "dressing to impress" in the workplace, quality accessories like designer heels and handbags from Marshalls can set you apart from the crowd!
- Networking is something you should be doing anywhere and everywhere and all day long. Which is why you always want to feel good with what you're wearing when you head out the door – you never know when you'll meet someone with shared professional interests.
Flirting with Confidence
Dateologist Tracey Steinberg makes feeling great a priority for her clients on the dating scene and explains how confidence impacts flirting and relationships. "I'm glad to work with Marshalls to help women understand how feeling good in their fashion helps them feel even better about themselves, which is the most attractive trait to put forward when dating", said Steinberg. "People appreciate confidence more than perfection; when you're confident, you are most magnetic to put yourself out there in your relationships." Other tips from Tracey include:
- The best way to instantly bring out your inner flirtatiousness is to wear something that makes you feel confident. Over half of women have a go-to item of clothing they wear that instantly boosts their confidence on dates - try wearing a flared skirt to show off your gorgeous legs or a pretty V-neck cableknit sweater to show off your feminine collarbone.
- Beware of clothes that are difficult to wear and need constant attention or adjustment as they can make you overly self-conscious while on dates. High quality clothes from Marshalls provide a perfect fit and requires no fuss so you can focus more on flirting and less on adjusting.
For fashion tips, style alerts and more, visit us on Facebook at facebook.com/marshalls or on Tumblr at projectfab.tumblr.com. And check out @Marshalls and #fabfound on Twitter to see Marshalls finds that are making shoppers look and feel more confident.
Since opening its first store more than 40 years ago, the Marshalls name has become synonymous with off-price shopping. Shoppers can find incredible savings on designer apparel for men, women and children, footwear, accessories and home merchandise, every day. Marshalls is one of the nation's leading off-price family retailers with more than 960 stores spanning 48 states and Puerto Rico.
ABOUT THE SURVEY
The survey was conducted by Wakefield Research (www.wakefieldresearch.com) among 1,000 nationally representative women ages 18+ with oversamples of up to 1,000 employed women, between March 12th and March 21st, 2014, using an email invitation and an online survey.
For more fashion news and images, visit our newsroom at media.marshallsnewsroom.com.
SOURCE TJX Companies, Inc.