SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- AllPosters.com, a division of Art.com Inc., the world's leading online specialty provider of wall art, today unveiled a new gallery of high quality wall art featuring iconic characters and images from leading comic book publishing company Marvel Publishing, Inc., many of which have never before been available to consumers in this artistic format.
This introduction coincides with a recent national survey that illustrates the nostalgic, enduring nature of the Marvel Comics brand. Of the hundreds of adults surveyed:
- 66 percent of people surveyed read Marvel Comics as a child
- The ability to fly was selected as the most coveted superpower
- X-Men was selected as the top comic book of all time
- If they could choose to be any Super Hero, 46 percent would be Spider-Man, 25 percent would be Iron Man and 10 percent would be Captain America
- 99 percent of respondents recognized a photo of Spider-Man versus only 63 percent who recognized a photo of Vice President Joe Biden and 51 percent who recognized House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
These survey results point to the broad appeal of Marvel Comics, as does the new wall art collection on AllPosters.com. The collection offers fans more than 200 of these vintage images, available in different wall art formats including museum-quality giclee prints, master prints with glossy heavy card stock paper, wall murals and canvas. Prints can be customized further by adding a hand-made frame. Characters featured include X-Men, Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, Luke Cage and Mighty Thor.
"With over 850,000 images, AllPosters.com offers one of the world's largest assortments of quality wall art and we're pleased to introduce these iconic Marvel Comics images to comics fans of all ages," said Andrew Wait, chief marketing officer of Art.com Inc. "Our new Marvel Collection brings these Super Heroes to life, allowing them to make that leap from the comic book to any wall, be it in the bedroom, living room, family room, den, office or any other place of honor in your home. Aside from the stunning imagery, what makes this collection particularly unique is the ability to personalize each piece of artwork by choosing from a wide range of formats and custom framing options."
The Marvel Collection at AllPosters.com currently consists of two galleries, Marvel Vintage Covers and Spider-Man, with additional galleries for Marvel Heroes and Marvel Extreme to launch later this year:
- Marvel Vintage Covers: Illustrates iconic comics throughout Marvel's history in a series of vintage comic covers and select comic pages, dating as far back as the 1940s
- Spider-Man: Highlights one of the most revered characters in comic book history through an extensive collection of Spider-Man images
- Marvel Heroes: Unites Marvel's most famous figures in unique prints that pair multiple heroes such as Wolverine, Iron Man, Spider-Man and the Hulk
- Marvel Extreme: Presents adult comic fans a unique collection of artist renderings of Marvel Super Heroes
"We're pleased to partner with AllPosters.com to offer this amazing collection of wall art to both Marvel fans and art lovers alike, helping expand the consumer experience with Marvel brands through new mediums and new formats," said Paul Gitter, president of consumer products for North America, Marvel Entertainment. "We know that AllPosters.com will honor the artistic integrity of these high-quality Marvel Comics images to offer the best possible product in the marketplace."
"We've all had heroes growing up and this exceptional collection allows us to relive some of those happy memories and introduce that tradition to the next generation," continues Wait. "This collection is all about 'fun,' and whether you're 7 or 70, parent or kid, comics collector or enthusiast, or just young-at-heart, there's no better place to indulge your passion for Marvel imagery and wall art than AllPosters.com."
AllPosters.com's Marvel Comics collection includes an assortment of products ranging from wall posters, retailing for as little as $14.99, to higher-end specialty wall art, such as stretched canvas and oversized wall murals, up to $279.99. The new line is now available for purchase online at www.AllPosters.com/Marvel-Collection.
About AllPosters.com and Art.com Inc.
AllPosters.com is a division of Art.com Inc. Art.com Inc. is the world's leading online specialty provider of posters, prints, and framed art. Since 1998, Art.com Inc. has sold high-quality wall art online to more than 10 million customers — including students, teachers, home decorators, interior designers, businesses, art collectors and art lovers — in over 120 countries worldwide. The privately-held company is headquartered in Emeryville, CA, with other facilities in Ohio, North Carolina and the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.art.com and www.AllPosters.com. "art.com" and "AllPosters" are registered trademarks of Art.com Inc.
SOURCE Art.com Inc.