NEW ORLEANS, Oct. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Dr. Iris Mack announces the kick-off of a two-month Indiegogo campaign to raise funds for MathQED, a website dedicated to assist math students at all levels. MathQED is the natural evolution to Ms. Mack's previous award winning site Phatmath. MathQED is founded up two principals: (1) ALL students deserve a solid math education - the gatekeeper subject to many careers; (2) ALL students should have access to affordable math homework help. This Indiegogo campaign launch is the culmination of years of hard work and dedication to help students achieve proficiency in math globally. Campaign contributors will receive discounted access to MathQED and interesting perks such as award-winning books by Dr. Mack.
Dr. Iris Mack created Phatmath back in 2007 to help combat innumeracy - the mathematical equivalent of illiteracy. Phatmath quickly became successful and generated recognitions like:
- Top 50 Social Sites for Educators and Academics
- 25 Useful Networking Sites for Grad Students
- 25 Savvy Social Media Sites for Grad Students
Dr. Mack has modified Phatmath to the next level with an improved site: MathQED. MathQED is more than a tutoring website. At MathQED:
- Parents, students, tutors, mentors and teachers contribute to make math interesting.
- Students can get help from older students who have "been there and done that."
- Affordable tutors are available for one-on-one math help.
- Students can have fun getting through their math homework.
- Parents learn time-efficient tips for helping their children with math homework.
- Cost effective for parents to pay for tutoring
ABOUT DR. MACK
Iris Mack, PhD, EMBA earned a Harvard doctorate in Applied Mathematics and a London Business School Sloan Fellow MBA. She is a former MIT professor. Dr. Mack is also a former Derivatives Quant/Trader who has worked in financial institutions in the U.S., London and Asia. Dr. Mack has also worked at NASA, Boeing and AT&T Bell Laboratories – where she obtained a patent for research on optical fibers. Presently she's a faculty at Tulane's Freeman School of Business.
Dr. Iris Mack
SOURCE Phat Math, Inc.