BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxthon, a global software company that develops state-of-the-art web browsers, today announced it is expanding its partnership with Yandex, Russia's dominant search and web services provider. In a new agreement, Maxthon and Yandex will work together to offer Maxthon web browsers to Russian desktop and mobile users pre-loaded with several of Yandex's top web services.
The collaboration builds on Maxthon's already-strong growth in Russia in both mobile and desktop browser activations and is in line with Maxthon's 'global/local' strategy of offering high performance web browsers optimized with local services and content, all linked through Maxthon's seamless 'Cloud Browser.'
"We're excited to be offering these services to Maxthon customers in Russia," said Jeff Chen, CEO and founder of Maxthon. "Our original partnership with Yandex offered our customers Russia's superior search experience. Adding Yandex services threaded through Maxthon's multi-platform browsing doubles down on that already-strong value."
Maxthon will be pre-loading access to a number of Yandex services including:
- Yandex.Safe Browsing: The most comprehensive and current safe site database covering the Russian internet.
- Yandex.Mail: One of Russia's most popular webmail services offering its users unlimited mail storage, anti-virus protection, advanced spam filtering and much more.
- Yandex.Market: Russia's leading online comparison shopping system, with more than 53,000,000 product offers in more than 14,000 online stores available to customers in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Turkey.
- Yandex.Maps: Online mapping service providing high-quality, detailed maps of more than 1,300 cities and towns in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Belarus, together with satellite images and hybrid maps, panoramic street views and driving directions, for desktop and mobile users.
- Yandex.Taxi: A safe, reliable and affordable taxi ordering service with traffic-based routing, available on desktop and mobile devices in Russia's largest cities.
"Russia is a tremendously dynamic internet market that is a key part of our global growth strategy," said Karl Mattson, VP of Maxthon's International Division. "In particular, there's a split between urban and provincial internet penetration and internet activity. Adding Yandex services complements both."
Download Maxthon for Windows: www.maxthon.com
Download Maxthon for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mx.browser
Download Maxthon for iPhone / iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/maxthon-web-browser-best-out/id541052011?mt=8
Download Maxthon for Windows phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/maxthon/7930f298-bd1e-462c-bbf2-0e36f26d04d4
Maxthon is an innovative software company that develops superior web browsers that continue to set new standards for speed, security, simplicity and cloud features. It is available on the Windows, Android, iOS and Mac platforms. With offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong, Maxthon reaches a global community of users that tops more than 120,000,000 people each month in more than 150 countries. Click here for more information about Maxthon
Burson-Marsteller for Maxthon