CHICAGO, Sept. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel will address Chicago's women's business community when he delivers the keynote address at the 25th Anniversary Hall of Fame Awards Luncheon during the 25th Anniversary Entrepreneurial Woman's Conference, presented by the Women's Business Development Center (WBDC), on Wednesday, September 14, at Chicago's McCormick Place-West, 2301 S. Indiana Ave. (Note: the Mayor will be introduced and begin his remarks at 1:00 p.m.)
The 25th Anniversary Hall of Fame Awards Luncheon, honoring successful female entrepreneurs as well as supporters women's economic development, will begin at 12 noon.
In addition to the awards luncheon, conference attendees will benefit from advice, connections and networking in several ways:
- Women's Business & Buyers Mart offering face time with more than 200 corporate and government representatives who are committed to purchasing products and services from women-owned businesses;
- Contract Connections pre-arranged one-on-one meetings between certified Women's Business Enterprises (WBEs) and corporate and government purchasing decision-makers;
- Women's Forum Breakfast, beginning at 8 a.m., moderated by Chicago Sun-Times syndicated financial columnist, finance expert and best-selling author Terry Savage, will feature several prominent entrepreneurs sharing the trials and tribulations of running a successful business. This year's Women's Forum panelists are: Leylani Cardoso, of Bolzano Handbags; Maxine Clark, of Build-A-Bear Workshop; Cathy Hughes, of Radio One; and Lynn Tilton, of Patriarch Partners.
- Workshops and roundtable discussions, following the 12 noon luncheon, with practical advice from business experts addressing the current issues facing women business owners today;
- The WBDC's 25th Anniversary Celebration, a reception, will begin immediately following the day's activities.
For more information or to register online, visit www.WBDC.org or call (312) 853-3477, ext. 240. Online registration will close at midnight on September 9, 2011; after this time, we invite you to register onsite on September 14, 2011.
CONTACT: Chris Ruys, (312) 337-7746, [email protected]
SOURCE Women's Business Development Center