MONTREAL, June 29, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - The McKesson Foundation today announced the recipients of its 2011-2012 Regional Grants Program, following a Canada-wide campaign that each year provides a number of non-profit organizations with financial assistance to improve children and youth related health, education and poverty.
McKesson Canada cares about the communities in which it operates and is deeply committed to building healthier and stronger communities by making a difference in the lives of children, youth and their families. The Canadian Regional Grants Program awarded close to a total of $250,000 to charities in 2012.
Congratulations to the following 2011-2012 Regional Grant Recipients
- Created 4 Me Early Learning Center Inc. ($6,000) - Manitoba
- Family Services of Greater Vancouver ($7,500) - British Columbia
- Cerebral Palsy Association in Alberta ($25,000) - Alberta
- Canadian Centre for Child Protection Inc. ($25,000) - Manitoba
- Calgary Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA of Calgary) ($24,050) - Alberta
- Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre ($8,200) - Ontario
- Halton Food for Thought ($15,000) - Ontario
- Kids Help Phone ($21,245) - Ontario
- Yellow Brick House ($25,000) - Ontario
- Pathways for Children, Youth and Families of York Region ($19,900) - Ontario
- On Rock Ministries Inc. ($11,000) - Québec
- Peter Hall School Foundation ($25,000) - Québec
- The Canadian National Institute for the Blind ($20,000) - Newfoundland
- Halifax Developmental Centre for Early Learning ($17,000) - Nova Scotia
For more information, visit: http://www.mckesson.ca/en/corporate-citizenship/mckesson-foundation/archives
The Canadian Regional Grants Program will be re-launched in the Fall of 2012. McKesson Canada would like to encourage the submission of grant applications for one-time specific projects or programs. The Canadian Regional Grants Program typically awards grants that range in size from $2,500 to $25,000.
For more information on the Regional Grants Program or to obtain the application form and selection criteria, please visit: http://www.mckesson.ca/en/corporate-citizenship/mckesson-foundation
About the McKesson Foundation
Founded in 1943, the McKesson Foundation is an initiative of McKesson Corporation, based in San Francisco. Its mission is to improve the lives of patients through healthcare quality improvements, improved efficiencies and patient participation in their health management.
About McKesson Canada
Founded more than 100 years ago, McKesson Canada is dedicated to delivering vital medicines, supplies and information technologies that enable the health care industry to provide patients better, safer care. Our solutions empower pharmacies, manufacturers, hospitals and other health care institutions by enabling them to get closer to the 12 million patients they serve every single day, while contributing to the quality and safety of care in Canada.