WASHINGTON, Sept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MDV-SEIA is proud to announce that the dates for Solar Focus 2013 have been set. This year's event, which marks the 7th anniversary of the conference, will be held on November 11th and 12th in Washington, D.C.
The theme of Solar Focus 2013 is The Sun Rises in the East: The Growth of East Coast Distributed Solar and provides a unique platform to highlight the unprecedented growth the solar sector is experiencing in markets such as Connecticut, D.C., Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island.
The agenda will include:
- Keynote by Nat Kreamer, CEO of Clean Power Finance
- Keynote by Jigar Shah, Founder of SunEdison and solar visionary, on "Why Solar is Winning"
- Live Session of Greentech Media's weekly Energy Gang podcast featuring Stephen Lacey, Jigar Shah, and Katherine Hamilton
- Panels on tax equity, managing SREC volatility in project development, federal policy, overcoming development challenges in D.C., streamlining permitting in Maryland, opportunities in energy storage, and much more
- Ample networking opportunities at the Kickoff Reception, Opening Dinner, Breakfast, and Wrap Party
400 solar stakeholders are expected in attendance and will include:
- Leaders from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors
- Developers actively engaged in or exploring East Coast development opportunities
- Investors seeking strategic solar partners
- Accounting, law, and other professional service firms specializing in renewable energy transactions
- Equipment manufacturers
- Regional installers and integrators
Solar Focus is the East Coast's premier solar energy conference and is not to be missed. Full conference details can be found at www.mdvseia.org/solarfocus2013.
Founded in 1984, MDV-SEIA represents the interests of photovoltaic and solar thermal developers, financiers, equipment manufacturers, installers, distributors and component suppliers serving Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Virginia. Our members design, sell, integrate, install, maintain and finance solar energy equipment for residential, commercial and institutional customers throughout the region.
MDV-SEIA delivers on policy formation and advocacy, market representation, networking, education, and additional benefits to our 100+ members representing more than 2,000 direct jobs in our region. In the last few years, MDV-SEIA's leadership has resulted in increased state requirements as well as increased penalties for non-compliance, creation of a solar thermal market, improvements to net metering, and game changing gains in the deployment of solar.
For more information, please visit www.mdvseia.org.