CHICAGO, June 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
UBM Live is pleased to announce the agenda for this month's MD&M Chicago Conference. This two-day educational forum will be held from Tuesday, June 19 through Wednesday, June 20 at McCormick Place North, Chicago, IL.
The MD&M Chicago Conference brings together medical device designers, engineers, researchers and manufacturers to share best practices for designing and developing a medical device. Topics discussed this year will cover device development from the initial design stages through quality control and the FDA approval process.
Attendees will hear from leading industry experts, including speakers from the FDA-Chicago District, Barile & Associates, King & Spaulding, Biologics Consulting Group, Intertek, ISORel, Plexus Manufacturing Solutions and Hospira.
Case studies, interactive discussions, and implementable strategies will be presented at a total of four full-day conference sessions (two concurrent sessions each day).
Track 1: Quality Control and Risk Management Tactics (June 19, 2012)
- Integrated Risk Management Workshop
- Implementing Internal Design Controls to Meet Quality Goals and Regulatory Requirements
- IEC 60601-1 Revision 3: New Standards for Risk Management
- How Risk Management Drives Innovation: the Dynamic Interrelationship of User Risk and Device Risk
- Effective Risk Management as Part of the Total Quality System
Track 2: Designing Next-Generation Medical Devices (June 19, 2012)
- Designing for the Human Factor
- Strategizing Integrated Medical Device Design for Manufacturability and Testing
- In-Practice Methodology and Techniques for Effective Medical Product Design
- Innovations in Medical Polymers and Biomaterials
- Micro-Design Technologies for Medical Applications
- Medical Device Reliability Engineering
Track 3: Total Process Management Strategies (June 20, 2012)
- Assessing and Improving the Health of Your Process Validation Program
- Working with a CMO: Tips and Tools for Success
- Supplier Controls: Domestic and Global Approaches
- Selecting a Device Sterilization Process
- Strategic Sourcing Methodology
- Product Development Life-Cycle Considerations
Track 4: Regulatory Update and Best Practices for Compliance (June 20, 2012)
- Preparing Airtight FDA Submissions
- Implications of REACH and RoHS on Medical Devices
- Effectively Preparing for an FDA Inspection
- FDA Chicago District: An Update
- After an Inspection: 483s, Warning Letters and EIRs - Practical Strategies for Responding to the FDA
- Workshop Session - Avenues of FDA and International Regulatory Compliance: Small v. Large Companies
MD&M Conference registration includes complimentary access to two co-located conferences, Design & Manufacturing Midwest Conference and Assembly & Automation Technology Conference. Conference attendees will also receive complimentary admission to the MD&M Chicago Exposition, featuring exhibits from hundreds of suppliers and service providers. Group discounts are still available. For more information, please visit http://www.MDMChicagoConference.com.
MD&M Chicago Conference
June 19-20, 2012
McCormick Place North, Hall B Upper Level
2301 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60616
About UBM Live
UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors.
Nannette Nolan, Marketing Manager, Medical Events
SOURCE UBM Live