RALEIGH, N.C., Sept. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Medical Science Liaison Society (MSL Society), the only 501(c)(3) non-profit organization exclusively dedicated to advancing the global medical science liaison (MSL) profession, has announced the winners of the first-ever MSL of The Year Awards.
The winners, who were announced on September 5th during the 6th Annual MSL Society Conference in Las Vegas, include:
- MSL Rookie of the Year (outside the U.S.): Debra Payne, Allergan-Canada.
- MSL Rookie of the Year (U.S.): Monica Bolton, Teva Pharmaceuticals.
- MSL of the Year (outside the U.S.): Victor Sastre, Amgen-Spain.
- MSL of the Year (U.S.): Prashant Desai, AbbVie.
- MSL Manager of the Year: Mary Lynn Lakin, Takeda.
The MSL Society received more than 100 nominations, which were evaluated by a panel of six esteemed judges:
- Arthur Chan, PhD, MBA Executive Director, Head of MSL Capabilities – Novartis
- Donna Holder, PharmD, Director, Field Medical Center of Excellence – Merck
- Ralph Rewers, PharmD, Medical Science Liaison Head – Abbvie
- Linda Traylor, PhD, VP, Clinical Development & Medical Affairs – Biodesix
- Avery Ince, MD, PhD, Scientific and Medical Affairs Strategy Lead – Janssen
- Davida White, MD, Head Medical Excellence – Indivior
Dr. Samuel Dyer, CEO of the MSL Society commented: "The MSL of The Year Awards recognize excellence within the MSL profession, and are part of the mission of the MSL Society to help those in our profession excel in their careers. The inaugural awards were a big success, and we have decided to make it an annual event."
Dr. Arthur Chan commented: "It was a humbling experience for the judges to read about what the finalists have accomplished and contributed to our industry and profession, along with how valuable they are to their associates and customers. There is no bigger honor than to be recognized by peers, and it's awesome that the MSL Society, a not-for-profit organization, put on a special evening to celebrate individuals who were definitely worthy of these awards."
Dr. Ralph Rewers commented: "Being recognized in a peer evaluation program is a highlight in anyone's career. Congratulations to all the inaugural winners from the MSL Society awards program. It was an honor to asked to be a judge for such prestigious awards."
SOURCE Medical Science Liaison Society