The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2015 through 2022. Also, a six-year historic analysis is provided for these markets. Market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Medicated Skin Care Products in US$ Million.
Company profiles are primarily based on public domain information including company URLs.
The report profiles 120 companies including many key and niche players such as:
- Advanced Dermatology Corporation
- Bayer AG
- Beiersdorf AG
- Chattem, Inc.
- Curatio Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd.
- EltaMD, Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
1. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW Medicated Skin Care Products: Medical Solutions for Skin Health Needs Convergence of Beauty and Healthcare Growth Drivers in a Nutshell Growing Prevalence of Skin Diseases and the Unmet Treatment Needs: A Fundamental Growth Driver Major Skin Diseases: Few Fast Facts Global Market Outlook Developed Markets: Traditional Revenue Contributors Developing Countries Continue to Offer Significant Growth Opportunities Geographic Regions Ranked by CAGR (Value Sales) for 2015-2022: Asia-Pacific, Rest of World, Latin America, USA, Canada, Europe, and Japan (includes corresponding Graph/Chart) Competitive Scenario Leading Players in the Global Medicated Skin Care Products Market Vendors Emphasize Collaborations M&A Activity Select M&A Deals in the Global Medicated Skin Care Products Market in the Recent Past
2. MARKET TRENDS, ISSUES & DRIVERS Increasing Focus on Wellness and Self-Care amidst Mounting Healthcare Costs Drive Healthy Market Growth Health & Wellness Boosts Demand for Dermocosmetics Aging Population and their Vulnerability to Age-Related Skin Changes: A Strong Growth Driver Major Anti-Aging Ingredients of Cosmeceuticals Popular Cosmeceutical Contents Demographic Statistics of the Global Aging Populace: Unfurling the Market Potential Booming Demand for Anti-Aging Skin Care Products Bodes Well for the Market Common Skin Care Cosmeceuticals Growing Prominence of Personalized Skin Care Prescriptions Benefit Market Penetration Failure of Non-Prescription Products Drive Demand for Physician-Dispensed Skin Care Solutions Medicated Skin Care Innovations: Spearheading Growth Innovations for Acne Innovations for Actinic Keratosis Innovations for Tuberous Sclerosis Complex and Angiofibromas Melasma Treatment Innovations Onychomycosis Treatment Innovations Innovations for Alopecia/Hair Loss Stem Cell Technology: The New Frontier? Intelligent Scanning for Identifying Beneficial Ingredients Innovations in Anti-Aging Skin Care Other Noteworthy Medicated Skin Care Innovations Consumer Interest in Natural Ingredients Drive Demand for Natural and Organic Products What's Next in Ingredients? Innovative Ingredients Gain Focus Aesthetic Dermatology to Witness Sustained Growth Favorable Trends in the Beauty Industry Spell Opportunities for Medicated Skin Care Market Surging Popularity of Multi-Functional Products Promote Market Expansion Sales of Hydroquinone-free Products Gain Momentum Facial Wipes Offers Huge Untapped Growth Potential Women: The Dominant Consumer Cluster for Medicated Skin Care Products Physiological Differences Entail Need for Male Specific Products Growing Prominence of Non-Invasive Skin Treatments Lends Traction to Market Demand Increasing Environmental Pollution Drive Demand for Anti- Pollution Skin Care Products Exponential Increase in Urban Population Promote Higher Demand for Medicated Skin Care
3. REGULATORY FRAMEWORK The Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act) The Concept of Intended Use Skin Care Products Continue to Dodge Stringent US FDA Regulations Regulatory Differences for Skin Care Products and Drugs FDA getting into the Act National Advertising Division Concentrates on Big Three
4. PRODUCT OVERVIEW Introduction Basic Structure of Skin Types of Skin Skin Diseases and their Treatment Acne Treatment Options Causative Factors Acne Rosacea Dry Skin Fungal Infections Actinic Keratosis Eczema/Atopic Dermatitis Psoriasis Calluses Friction Blisters Black Heel and Palm Tennis Toe Acne Mechanica The Crucial Role of Nutrition Deficiencies and Select Skin Disorders Dermatitis Treatment B Vitamins Vitamin A Vitamin C Eczema Treatment Antioxidants Selenium Essential Fatty Acids Psoriasis Treatment Vitamin D Analogs Vitamin A Derivatives Zinc Selenium Essential Fatty Acids
5. PRODUCT LAUNCHES/APPROVALS ZO® Skin Health Unveils Oclipse® Daily-Use Sun Protection Product Skinvisible Develops New Topical and Transdermal Cannabis Products NeoStrata Launches ProSystem Retinol Peel SkinFix Launches ExtraStrength Adult Skincare Product & Eczema Treatment for Kids Skinbetter Science Introduces Clinical Skin Care Line Galderma Receives Positive Opinion from EU Regulatory Agencies for EPIDUO Adigica Health Launches BioClarity Acne Treatment FDA Approves Differin Gel 0.1% for OTC Acne Treatment Medimetriks Submits NDA for Impetigo Treatment Cream Ceramax Cream by IntraDerm Pharmaceuticals Receives FDA Clearance FDA Accepts Anacor's NDA for Crisaborole Topical Ointment Theraderm Launches New Anti-aging Skin Care System Dapzone Gel by Allergan Receives FDA Approval for Acne Treatment Bayer HealthCare Launches Finacea Foam for Rosacea Treatment Galderma's SOOLANTRA® (ivermectin) Cream Approved for Rosacea Patients Skinvisible Pharmaceuticals Expands Patent Portfolio Valeant Receives NEA Seal of Approval for CeraVe Baby Products Galderma Launches Benzac® OTC Acne Solutions LETI Laboratories' AT4 System Launched in US
6. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY ZO Skin Health Bags Global Rights to Suneva Medical's ReFissa® Galderma Conducts Phase 4 Clinical Studies of New Restylane® Products CCA Industries Inks License Agreement with Ultimark Products L'Oréal Purchases Valeant's CeraVe, AcneFree and AMBI Skincare Brands Otsuka Pharmaceutical to Construct New Facility Shiseido Receives Regulatory Approval for New Retinol Formulation Shiseido Acquires Gurwitch Products Oculus Innovative Sciences Renames itself as Sonoma Pharmaceuticals Taisho to Acquire KYORIN's Dr. Program Business Galderma Receives USFDA Approval of Restylane® Refyne and Restylane® Defyne Moberg Pharma to Acquire Prestige Brands' DermoPlast® Product Line Nestlé Skin Health and Pinetree Care Group Collaborate on Skin Care Pilot Study Cadila Acquires Skincare Brand Melgain from Issar Pharma Chugai and Galderma Enter into Global License Agreement Pfizer Acquires Anacor Pharmaceuticals Nestlé Skin Health Enters into Agreement with Guthy-Renker LLC Galderma Enters into Alliance with Maruho of Japan Otsuka and Medimetriks Enter Into Licensing Agreement Unilever to Acquire Clinical Skincare Brand Murad