NEW YORK, Dec. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- MediPoint: Craniomaxillofacial Devices - US and 5EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
Craniomaxillofacial (CMF) surgery is a highly specialized branch of orthopedic surgery that focuses on all aspects of facial and skull disorders. In this report, GlobalData covers the following segments: CMF plate and screw fixation, CMF distraction, cranial flap fixation, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) replacement, CMF bone graft substitutes, and thoracic fixation (rigid fixation only). Throughout the report, adoption patterns, procedure volumes, and market revenues for all the aforementioned segments are included. In addition, GlobalData included an analysis on the dural repair market, which consists of dural substitutes and dural sealants. However, procedure numbers and market revenues for dural repair are provided only for the US market.
Overall, the growth of orthopedics in developed markets is being driven by established healthcare infrastructure and expanded insurance coverage, as well as the trend of early intervention, while ongoing macroeconomic pressures continue to influence the healthy growth in the procedure numbers of high-volume surgeries. The current CMF devices market remains a growing space that promises opportunities, primarily due to the non-elective nature of most CMF trauma and neurosurgeries. Although standard/stock titanium plate and screw systems still represent the first choice in managing CMF surgery, the use of patient-specific implants has been expanding in the past decade and becomes particularly useful in situations with challenging anatomy distorted by tumors, post-traumatic reconstruction, or revision cases. Future trends will include continued development in bioabsorbable plating systems and advanced distraction systems, as well as an increased use of virtual planning technologies, patient-specific devices, and cost-effective thoracic fixation devices. In the meantime, additive manufacturing, such as three-dimensional (3D) printing, is taking manufacturing in a whole new direction without the boundaries of shape and structure; the future of custom CMF implants will lie in additive manufacturing, which will widen the spectrum of synthetic substitute materials suitable for this purpose.
Key Questions Answered
- Future growth in the plate and screw fixation segment lies in the CMF trauma and reconstruction procedures, as most of these procedures are non-elective. (Q).What are the procedure trends of CMF fracture, reconstruction and orthognathic surgeries? (Q).What is the market revenue of this segment in different geographies?
- Rather than just the latest innovation, virtual surgical planning (VSP) is rapidly becoming an important component in the surgical treatment planning of CMF reconstruction and orthognathic surgeries. (Q).What are the current surgeon adoption trends of the VSP technology in the US and Europe?
- Prosthetic TMJ replacement is currently reserved for patients with end-stage TMJ defects as a salvage option, and hence, has low procedure numbers with a limited number of surgeons performing this surgery worldwide. (Q).Who are the current players in this field? (Q).How will this niche market evolve in the following 10 years?
- While the industry has witnessed increased enthusiasm about rigid fixation for sternal closure in the clinical community, adoption is only expanding at a slow pace, primarily due to the hindrance with reimbursement. (Q).Will there be a paradigm shift in the thoracic fixation field in the future?
Reasons to buy
- "What Do Physicians Think" quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02568515-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medipoint-craniomaxillofacial-devices---us-and-5eu-analysis-and-market-forecasts-300011991.html