TEL AVIV, Israel, December 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Personalized Health Information App Beats 50 Startups
mHealth Israel Conference today announced the winner of its mobile health startup contest, Medivizor. The startup -- which helps people coping with serious or chronic illness get cutting-edge, reliable, health information that matters most -- presented in front of a packed conference hall at Tel Aviv University, beating seven finalists, and winning eligibility for a round of OurCrowd funding.
"We are honored to win this tough competition, especially given the outstanding startup innovation landscape in which we competed," said Tal Givoly, Medivizor's Co-Founder and CEO. "This is a major milestone for us, as the conference's platform enables us to share ideas with other healthcare entrepreneurs, potential investors, and industry giants too."
mPharma, a startup that provides real-time data on physician's prescriptions and patient drug consumption for governments and pharmaceutical companies in Africa, came in second.
"mHealth Israel provides the digital health ecosystem a unique platform to exchange ideas and opportunities in a diverse forum not found anywhere else in Israel," said Levi Shapiro, the lead organizer for mHealth Israel. "A growing number of Israeli entrepreneurs are creating world class digital health startups, and global mHealth leaders are taking note."
Other finalists include:
- Breezometer: BreezoMeter maps air pollution in real time and provides street resolution air pollution data to customers through API's and big data reporting.
- TalkItt: Talkitt is a voice recognition software that gives millions of people with speech disabilities the ability to "talk" in their own voice.
- Lifegraph: LifeGraph is a platform that allows psychiatrists to better monitor their patients and detect deterioration in their mental state.
- Myndlift: Myndlift provides a drug-free solution to improve concentration ability using mobile and wearable technology.
- Sweetch: Sweetch helps people reduce their risk of becoming diabetic, through a game-changing platform that predicts personal diabetes risk and drives long-term behavioral change that significantly reduces diabetes risk.
- Intendu: Intendu develops personalized and adaptive brain rehabilitation software for easy and effective usage at the home and at the clinic.
The second annual conference, which took place at Tel Aviv University yesterday, included insights into the Israeli and global digital health sectors from various leaders in the field. 300 participants from over 50 companies were present at the conference, including more than 30 speakers from the likes of Sony, Orange Group, Cleveland Clinic, and Microsoft.
About mHealth Israel:
mHealth Israel is a community for Israeli digital health and IT entrepreneurs. In addition to the annual conference, mHealth Israel hosts monthly events to support Israeli digital health startups. Speakers at monthly events and the annual conference are from outside of Israel, reflecting the global nature of the industry. The event is held in collaboration with Tel Aviv University and the Center of Excellence in Wireless IT (CEWIT), State University of New York. For more information: http://www.mhealthisrael.com
Finn Partners for mHealth
SOURCE mHealth Israel