NEW YORK, April 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Using Frost & Sullivan's Visi-MAP 2.0 framework, this strategic insight looks to distill key macro forces into 8 converging themes, namely, collaborative manufacturing, control-on-the-go, e-convergence, expert systems, frugal engineering and manufacturing, knowledge management systems, risk management, and service delivery innovation, further analyzing their impact on the future of the manufacturing industry. Each converging theme is segmented by current challenges, future outlook, relevant case studies of market best practices, and vertical market impact and penetration.
The top Converging Themes poised to impact current and future manufacturing operations include the following:
- Collaborative Manufacturing: 'Collaborate and compete' is the new paradigm to ensure longterm success.
- Control-on-the-Go: The growth of connected assets and the need to reduce process variability will result in the wide-scale acceptance of mobile solutions.
- E-Convergence: Internal IT cost structures are being reduced through hosted computing business models.
- Expert Systems: Process and equipment efficiency is being optimized through real-time alerts and customizable dashboards.
- Frugal Engineering and Manufacturing: A new age of lean and just-in-time manufacturing is leveraging innovative material development and 3D printing techniques.
- Knowledge Management Systems: The acute focus on product, process, technology, and service knowledge is spurring the adoption of simulation software.
- Risk Management: State-of-the-art threat intelligence solutions can be used to effectively minimize exposure to advanced persistent threats.
- Service Delivery Innovation: The increase in the number of remote assets requires new service delivery models to collaborate, streamline, and facilitate efficient operation.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02861534-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001