DUBLIN, April 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7rhx5h/mergers_and) has announced the addition of the "Mergers and Acquisitions in the Global Life and Health Insurance Industry" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
This study analyses over a 1,000 merger and acquisition deals in the life and health insurance industry. The deals are analyzed globally on various parameters such as buyer type, seller type, buyer revenue range, seller revenue range, target revenue range, transaction value range, and average deal size.
The global industry is divided into 5 regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Africa and the Middle East. Each region is analyzed separately and deal rationale is provided. Cross-border acquisitions are also analysed as a part of this study. In addition, the analysis provides details on target attractiveness, buyer capability, and prospects for mergers in each region for 2015.
The life and health (L&H) insurance industry is witnessing rapid transformation in terms of the regulatory, socio economic, and technological framework in which it operates. These changes and reforms are expected to induce merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the L&H insurance space globally.
Europe continued to be the hub of merger activity in 2014, with a large proportion of domestic mergers and a few outbound transactions in Asia-Pacific, and Africa and the Middle East. North American L&H insurance companies, on the other hand, are actively restructuring their business units and increased their shares in M&A deal volumes in 2014. While Africa and the Middle East have huge growth potential in the L&H insurance space, a lack of transparency is hampering M&A activity. Asia-Pacific, and Latin America and the Caribbean feature domestic merger activity where L&H insurers from developed countries seek to strengthen their distribution network in low-penetration countries within the region.
Merger activity drives revenue growth and industry consolidation and is affected by a variety of factors, including:
- Profitability trends: Increased profitability leads buyers to indulge in M&As.
- Valuation trends: Higher valuations may deter mergers and spur private equity (PE) exits.
- Reserves and capital adequacy: The need to strengthen financial parameters may spur acquisitions.
- Regulatory and governance issues: The restructuring of business units by several companies for regulatory compliance may lead to M&A activity.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Scope of the Study
3. Introduction to the Global Life and Health Insurance Industry
4. Global M&A Trend Analysis in the Life and Health Insurance Industry (2007-2014)
5. Regional Analysis of M&A Transactions in the Life and Health Insurance Industry
6. M&A Outlook for the Global Life and Health Insurance Industry
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7rhx5h/mergers_and
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets