SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Meru Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: MERU), the leader in virtualized 802.11n enterprise wireless networking, today announced that SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE: SNX), one of the world's leading IT distributors, now offers Meru's virtualized wireless LAN (WLAN) solutions to its reseller network, expanding Meru's dynamic channel portfolio and further extending the potential reach of its WLAN solutions to enterprises across the United States. This new relationship with Meru gives SYNNEX' VARs an opportunity to differentiate themselves with the best-in-class virtualized WLAN solution, enabling their customers to meet connectivity, mobility and density requirements as the number of mobile devices on networks increase and avoid a Wi-Fi Meltdown™.
In a recent study conducted by Everything Channel's IPED Channel Consulting Services, partners pointed to Meru's channel-centric focus of high-touch support for pre and post-sales, profitable value-pricing, and the ability to solve customer issues with the dynamic environment of RF as key reasons why enterprises migrate from their legacy microcell architectures to Meru. Driven by SYNNEX' dedicated reseller community, this partnership is designed to extend the benefits of Meru's virtualized WLAN technology to deliver a Wireless-like-Wire™ experience for mission-critical connectivity and mobility to enterprises that struggle with the traditional high cost and complexity of microcell-based wireless networks.
- Meru's agreement with SYNNEX will enable more resellers to leverage Meru solutions' ease-of-implementation and support, attractive total cost of ownership, and high performance to deliver mission-critical applications across the enterprise.
- SYNNEX will distribute Meru's entire product portfolio in the United States, showcasing Meru's award-winning AP300i Series, ideally suited for bandwidth-intensive applications, density, flexibility, scalability and high-speed video, voice and data transmissions, as well as Meru's newest entry-level, high value enterprise access point solution, the AP1000i.
- The Meru family of access points is also enhanced by the Service Assurance Management Suite, giving SYNNEX IT customers the management, security and diagnostic tools they need to predictively and proactively manage and optimize the end-to-end performance of the entire WLAN infrastructure.
- Meru's core technology and virtualized architecture is purpose-built to support the proliferation of wireless devices and applications and, more critically, to help avoid Wi-Fi Meltdowns, as demonstrated with Meru's WLAN 500™ demo, with over 500 wireless devices in a 500 square feet area streaming voice, video and data concurrently and delivering full quality of service whether mobile or stationary.
- SYNNEX resellers will also have the ability to offer customers reliable and seamless mobility to overcome the growing strain that an increasing number of applications and devices have placed on enterprise wireless environments.
Bob Stegner, senior vice president, marketing, North America, SYNNEX Corporation
"Adding Meru's extensive product portfolio to our solutions offering will give our resellers a great option for helping businesses transition into an all-wireless enterprises. Meru is a great solution for our partners to offer their customers because of the total cost of ownership due to the simplicity of installation and minimal support requirements. With a wide variety of end-user customers across vertical markets such as the retail and hospitality spaces, SYNNEX and Meru will together be able to offer best-of-breed technology and support for mission-critical applications with a leading virtualized WLAN."
Cindy Cole Sauvignon, vice president, worldwide channels, Meru Networks
"We are growing our channel program into new geographies and new market segments, aligning with the leading top-tier distributors in the world. Channel giants like SYNNEX will strategically bring our product line to the market with ease and efficiency. By building this level of partnership with this premier distributor, more enterprises will be able to leverage Meru's award-winning products than ever before and save themselves from a Wi-Fi Meltdown. We are looking forward to 2011 to continue to build on the success of our channel program and further strengthen our partner network."
About Meru Networks
Founded in 2002, Meru Networks develops and markets a virtualized wireless LAN solution that cost-effectively optimizes the enterprise network to deliver the performance, reliability, predictability and operational simplicity of a wired network, with the advantages of mobility. Meru's solution represents an innovative approach to wireless networking that utilizes virtualization technology to create an intelligent and self-monitoring wireless network, and enables enterprises to migrate their business-critical applications from wired networks to wireless networks, and become all-wireless enterprises. Meru's solutions have been adopted in major industry vertical markets, including education, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and retail. Meru is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has operations in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. For more information, visit www.merunetworks.com or call (408) 215-5300.
SYNNEX Corporation, a Fortune 500 corporation, is a leading business process services company, servicing resellers, retailers and original equipment manufacturers in multiple regions around the world. The Company provides services in IT distribution, supply chain management, contract assembly and business process outsourcing. Founded in 1980, SYNNEX employs over 10,500 full-time and part-time associates worldwide. Additional information about SYNNEX may be found online at www.synnex.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements regarding Meru Networks expectations, hopes, plans, intentions or strategies, including, but not limited to statements regarding Meru's product capabilities, expectations and benefits of the relationship with SYNNEX, ability to expand its vertical reach through its relationship with SYNNEX, and the ability to build on the success of its channel program. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties include those described in Meru Networks' documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Meru Networks as of the date hereof, and Meru Networks assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Meru Networks is a registered trademark of Meru Networks, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Meru Networks, Inc.