The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2015 through 2022. Also, a six-year historic analysis is provided for these markets. Market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Metal Cans, Barrels, Drums and Pails in Million Units and US$ Million by the following Product Segments:
Metal Cans (Aluminum Cans, Steel Cans)
Metal Drums & Pails
The Global and Regional Markets are further analyzed in terms of Volume Sales by the following End-Use Segments:
The report profiles 158 companies including many key and niche players such as:
Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc.
Ardagh Group S.A.
Can-Pack S. A.
CCL Industries, Inc.
Cleveland Steel Container Corporation
CPMC Holdings Limited
Crown Holdings, Inc.
Daiwa Can Company
HUBER Packaging Group GmbH
Industrial Container Services, LLC
Great Western Containers Inc.
SCHÜTZ GmbH & Co. KGaA
Silgan Holdings Inc.
Skolnik Industries, Inc.
Tata Steel Group
ThyssenKrupp Rasselstein GmbH
Toyo Seikan Group Holdings Ltd.
U. S. Steel Koice, s.r.o.
Universal Can Corporation
Key Topics Covered:
1. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW Metal Cans: A Convenient, Cost-Friendly, Eco-Friendly, and Safe Packaging Option Metal Cans: Complete Recyclability Provides the Critical Advantage Growing Preference for Convenient, Affordable, Safe, and Healthy Food: Foundation for Market Growth Key Safe and Convenient Attributes of Canned Foods & Beverages Canned Foods and Beverages: Low Priced and Convenient Rising Preference for At Home' Food Consumption Convenience Muscles Growth in Metal Food Packaging Preserving Flavor: A Vital Functionality Promoting Demand for and Production of Beverage Cans Market Fortunes Intrinsically Tied to the Metal Packaging Industry Despite Competition from Plastics, Metal Beverage Packaging Continue to Grow Steadily Metal Packaging's Superiority over Other Packaging Materials Global Market Outlook Developed Markets: Traditional Revenue Contributors Developing Countries: Spearheading Growth Competition: Ball, Crown, and Ardagh Dominate Metal Can Manufacturing Worldwide Beverage Cans: Competitive Landscape Food Cans: Competitive Landscape Intense Competition and New Markets Drive M&A Activity Select Merger & Acquisition (M&A) Deals in the Global Metal Packaging/Cans Market (2015-2017) Rising Raw Material Costs Hamper Profitability Sustainability Factor Assumes Prominence Emerging Markets: The New Manufacturing Hub for Aluminum Can Stock Production
2. MARKET TRENDS, ISSUES & DRIVERS Increasing Consumption of Various Beverages Worldwide Drive Healthy Growth for Metal Cans Alcoholic Spirits and Wines: A Challenging, Yet Lucrative Market for Metal Cans Increasing Beer Production Spells Opportunities for Metal Cans Aluminum Cans: Replacing Glass in Beer and Soft Drink Segments Demand for Aluminum Beverage Cans Gain Momentum Metal Cans as the Preferred Packaging Format for Food Packaging Benefit Market Expansion BPA in Food Cans Cleared by the FDA: A Game Changer for Metal Cans Reduce, Recycle, and Re-use Attributes Drive Demand for Metal Cans in Industrial Packaging Aluminum Aerosol Cans and Canisters: Strong End-use Demand Spurs Growth Beauty and Cosmetics: The Dominant End-User Segment for Aerosol Cans Growing Environmental Consciousness Promote Demand for Steel Cans Demand for Steel Aerosol Containers Gain Momentum Packaging Steel Recycling: Environmental Benefits Steel: A Sustainable Packaging Metal for Food Items Research Backs Benefits of Steel Cans in Food Packaging Rising Popularity of Retail Ready Packaging (RRP) Bodes Well for Steel Cans Favorable Demographic & Economic Trends Strengthen Market Prospects Rapid Urbanization Worldwide Burgeoning Middle Class Population Key Challenges Hampering Growth Prospects for Metal Cans Plastic Containers Give Stiff Competition Bio-Plastics to Bite into the Share of Metal Cans 90% Recycled Aluminum Suffers Slow Uptake Standardized Container Shapes: A Key Limiting Factor User and Content Safety Issues Continue to Haunt Metal Cans Flexible Packaging to Displace Rigid Packaging Growing Role of Paper in Flexible Packaging
3. METAL CAN INNOVATIONS AND ADVANCEMENTS Lightweight, Durable and Flexible Super-Steel Re-sealable Metal Cans Light-weight Aluminum Aerosols Cans Runway & Jazz Aerosol Cans Transfer Cap Novel Aerosol Cans from Crown and Ball Innovative Food Can Doused with Nitrogen Other Noteworthy Metal Can Innovations and Advancements Advancements in Lacquers Ultra-thin Packaging Steel Metal Embossing Eco-friendly Coating Material Technology Developments in the Recent Past Coated Steel Packaging Materials New Aerosol Technology Contoured Cans and Active Packaging Automatic Self-cooling and Self-heating Beverage and Food Cans Push Plus End Tabs For Beverage Cans Can-O-Mat and End-O-Mat Systems Steel and Life Cans Hygienic Beverage Can Concept New Bottle Cans from Daiwa Cans Necked-In Cans: A Revolutionary Concept Silver Arrow's Distinct Look Innovative Cans Prototype IC Can, a Self-Chilling Aluminum Container from Tempra Technology Self-Heating/Chilling Cans Appealing Beverage Cans New Form of Paint Can Lids EZO Lids for Cans
4. PRODUCT OVERVIEW Product Segments Metal Cans Steel Cans End-Usage Foundations of a Foolproof Packaging The Preferred Packaging Mode for Paint Industry Aluminum Cans Benefits of Aluminum Cans Manufacturing of Metal Cans: A Review Early 19th Century: First Manually Made Cans Manufacturing Process Can Body The Can End Classification by Type Three Piece Cans Straight Sides "Crimped" Cans Two Piece Cans Classification by Style Metal Paint Cans Metal Slip Cover Cans Metal F Style Cans Metal Barrels Classification Closed Top Metal Barrels Open Top Metal Barrels Drums & Pails Drums Classification Closed Top Metal Drums Open Top Metal Drums Steel Drums The Chosen One for Bulk Packaging Stability in the Steel Drum Market Pails Classification Closed Top Metal Pails Open Top Metal Pails End-Use Segments Beverage Cans Food Cans Aerosol Containers General Line
5. RECYCLING: THE NECESSITY Recycling Provides Auxiliary Support, Reduces Cost to Industry, Cuts Environmental Costs State Laws Augment Recycling Recycling: Designing a Success Plan Markets for Non-Reusable Steel Cans Aluminum: Apt for Recycling Drum Collection: Issues Involved
6. PRODUCT LAUNCHES Ball Rolls Out Latest Range of Cans Ardagh Group to Introduce New Metal Packaging Beer Portfolio Coca-Cola to Introduce Aluminium Coke Bottles in India Ardagh Group Rolls Out Nitro Slim Can Mead Johnson Unveils Enfinitas in a New Can by Ardargh for the Asian Market Ardargh Pioneers the Manufacture of Lightest Aluminum Can for Seafood Faultless Starch to Roll out its Products in the New G3-HD Aerosol Can by Ball Crown Rolls out High-End Metal Tins for Lov Organic Tea Brand Crown Develops CrownSmart Rexam Introduces Novel Cans for Schwarze Eule Rexam Designs Limited Edition Cans for Big Shock Crown Rolls out New Beverage Can Sizes for Latin American Market Crown Introduces Cottle Can Bud Light Unveils NFL Team Cans Bud Light Rolls out Cans for the Super Bowl Ball Corp. Unveils G3-HD Crown to Debut New Advanced Packaging Solutions in Nuremberg Bon Affair Forays into Single-Serve Format with Rexam's Fusion Bottle Noah's Spring Water Offers Bottled Water with Rexam Cap Can® BudLight Unveils Limited Edition Cans
7. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY Ball Collaborates with Unilever for Aerosol Cans Crown Holdings Inaugurates New Beverage Can Plant in Nichols, New York Anheuser-Busch Launches New Aluminum Bottle Line at its MCC Jacksonville Facility BWAY Acquires Ball's Hubbard Metal Packaging Business Ardagh Group to Restructure its Rugby Beverage Can Unit Showa Denko and Carabao Group Establish Asia-Pacific Can Company Ball Acquires Rexam Can-Pack to Acquire Cia Metalic do Nordeste Stone Canyon Acquires BWAY Ardagh Acquires Ball and Rexam's Assets Anheuser-Busch Inaugurates New Line at Arnold Production Unit Crown Holdings to Add Second Line for Beverage Cans in Turkey Crown Inaugurates Second Line of Beverage Can Production Crown to Set up New Beverage Can Facility in Mexico Anheuser-Busch to Expand Jacksonville Facility Crown Takes over EMPAQUE from Heineken Ball Corp. Acquires 100% Stake in Latapack-Ball Embalagens Ball Corp. Voices Plans to Add New Production Line in Velim Plant Ball Corp. Inaugurates Aluminum Aerosol Unit in Ahmedabad Silgan to Set up New Production Unit in Burlington
8. FOCUS ON SELECT GLOBAL PLAYERS
Total Companies Profiled: 158 (including Divisions/Subsidiaries 182)